How often?

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
Gmitch36
Forum Rookie

How often?

Post by Gmitch36 »

I play 9/6 DDB almost exclusively and I was wondering with perfect strategy, how often you should expect a 4OAK?? If anyone could help me out that would be great. Also if there is an easy way to figure this out let me know.

Thanks

BobDancer
Video Poker Master

Post by BobDancer »

I remember 9/6 Jacks has a quad frequency of 423.xxx so I use that number for all similar games --- for which 9/6 DDB qualifies.If you want a more precise number, you need software that gives frequencies for each event. I got these from WinPoker (which gives identical results as Video Poker for Winners) because you can paste directly into Excel more easily from WinPoker than you can from Video Poker for Winners. (I use both software products regularly).in 9/6 DDB, those frequencies are

where the first number is for aces with a kicker and the last one is for four 5s-Ks.You then add those up and get the frequency of all quads is 6219.165. Divide that into the the total number of hands 2,598,960 and you get 417.8953 --- which means every 418 hands you get a quad.My guess as to the major reason you quads more often in DDB than JoB comes from just holding the aces from hands like AA443 and AAAKK in DDB but holding two pair and the full house in JoB.These numbers presume you play perfectly, which is a rather heroic assumption for most players. If you just hold the kings from KK553, for example, you'll get quads more often than if you correctly hold KK553.But if you use a modified strategy, it's still going to come out to be slightly less often than 1-in-400 hands. For many purposes, this is precise enough.

rsactuary
Forum Regular

Post by rsactuary »

deleted...

gidday
Forum Newbie

Post by gidday »

Hi all,

New player here from down under.

Just wondering about the big picture from a simple perspective, in respect of time versus bank deviation.

If playing the right machine with the right strategy is time playing say 1 , 2 , 3 or 4 hours more important than set deviations say + or - 5% of initial bank.

Any suggestions will be appreciated especially.

Also am I on the right thread for this type of question?

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I play 9/6 DDB almost exclusively.-------------------------------------------------My condolences.