5-of-a-Kind Jackpot Machines in Atlantic City

Chat it up with fellow Gold members on any subject in the private lounge.
LovePlusOne
Forum Regular

5-of-a-Kind Jackpot Machines in Atlantic City

Post by LovePlusOne »

Would anybody have an idea as to why Atlantic City is the only place that has 5-of-a kind poker machines? I've been to several other places besides AC, and I've never seen them anywhere.

My first gambling experiences were in AC where I discovered video poker and especially fell in love with 5 of a kind. When we went to Vegas years later, I searched everywhere for that game but it was nowhere to be found, and I had no choice but to play the Royal Flush machines. Now, 30 years later, I still haven't found them anywhere else.

Does AC have a "Monopoly" on them?
Thanks!

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Harrah's in Joliet, IL has several AC Joker Poker machines, I know of at least 6.

If you are talking about AC Joker Poker, pays 4,000 credits (full pay) for 5oak?

LovePlusOne
Forum Regular

Post by LovePlusOne »

Harrah's in Joliet, IL has several AC Joker Poker machines, I know of at least 6.

If you are talking about AC Joker Poker, pays 4,000 credits (full pay) for 5oak?

Yes, exactly. There are other Joker Poker games in other places, but the 4000 jackpot is still for a royal flush without a joker. I think 5 of a kind pays 1000 coins.
I hate that game and refuse to play it!

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

I have to admit, until I read this thread, I was totally unaware that AC was the only place that had this setup whereby 5-of-a-kind scores you the same as a Royal.....I knew I never knew everything, but this causes me to question how much I really do KNOW in the grand scheme of things.....a dose of humility as it where.....

Pmryder152
Forum Newbie

Post by Pmryder152 »

I hope that they kept the one bank of these Joker Machines in Harrahs AC when they re-opened. There used to be 16 machines, but they were reduced to 8 a few months before the March closure.