Stack The Deck Insight & Strategy for DDB Players

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Re: Stack The Deck Insight & Strategy for DDB Players

Post by OTABILL »

Glad to see you back. Alpax. You are a class act. I hope your situation improves regarding work. Best wishes.

alpax
Video Poker Master

Post by alpax »

The five coin game interests me somewhat with the "new" major hit being available, and since it will be a meaningful initial challenge to master the new strategy to play this game mathematically correct. But it's still fairly intuitive and if you can do math in your head and have a good memory you should get it fairly easily. I say this in part because for a long time I used to ponder playing games like db and ddb with a higher straight flush payout because I always felt a straight flush was underpaid .... Baby royals at two k are a different animal obviously but still, it might be nice to add a new dimension to a stale game.

I'm not at all interested in the seven coin game with a variance that prolific...way too much of a downside for me as I prefer diminishing the luck factor whenever possible and clearly, if you are not fortunate enough to get bonus hands early on the session and your money are gone too fast. Factor in that earning points, player's club perks etc are partly dependent on being able to play for extended periods and you could really crap the bed here...

Fair and outstanding opinion. It is rare that you provide your insights squarely regarding video poker, but this one is a welcome one.

Glad to see you back. Alpax. You are a class act. I hope your situation improves regarding work. Best wishes.

Thank you very much Bill! Likewise, you are on even a higher standard of classiness and I appreciate your presence on this board. I will be alright for now. For now I will spend some time working on analyzing other things I wanted to look at before getting into the discussions which may not lead to a resolution. I will be around and hopefully, something will have one more thing done before this year is over.

asteroid

Post by asteroid »

Tremendous insights Alpax, thanks very much for posting this.

alpax
Video Poker Master

Post by alpax »

Tremendous insights Alpax, thanks very much for posting this.

Much appreciated for acknowledging the effort!

Between this DDB report and the extension thread last night, and the numerous corrections from errors. I put in at least 20 hours of effort since the game came out, I think I finished what I wanted to do.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

[QUOTE=OTABILL] Glad to see you back. Alpax. You are a class act. I hope your situation improves regarding work. Best wishes.

Thank you very much Bill! Likewise, you are on even a higher standard of classiness and I appreciate your presence on this board. I will be alright for now. For now I will spend some time working on analyzing other things I wanted to look at before getting into the discussions which may not lead to a resolution. I will be around and hopefully, something will have one more thing done before this year is over.[/QUOTE]
Appreciate the accolade as well though I am not worthy of anything special. Glad you are alright.