goodbye it was fun while it lasted

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
doris13
Video Poker Master

Re: goodbye it was fun while it lasted

Post by doris13 »

Maybe you should re read what I wrote about telling him I was done yet he would never quit.you are really beginning to sound like president and ceo of the “boys club”.blame the woman . P.S. I am done with you too.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Doris, thank you and same to you. I'm sure at times I have been part of that ol Boys club over the years. That said, its the girls in my life that brighten my day.

BobDancer
Video Poker Master

Post by BobDancer »

Maybe we should rename this thread "The Longest Good Bye."If you want to leave, go ahead. I've certainly done it before and I can understand frustration. Whether you stay or go, there will always be "imperfect" people on every site you visit. That's the nature of forums.But you've said your piece. Several times. And then several more times. Saying it again won't change anything. Do you really think Webman is going to change the site policies if you repeat yourself 30 more times? If you do, I suggest you've a very slow learner.So just go already, if that's what you want to do! If you decide to stay, or come back in x number of months, that's fine too. But all this drama doesn't serve any purpose.

doris13
Video Poker Master

Post by doris13 »

love you too bob.maybe if the "boys club" would leave me alone i wouldn't be posting.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I still want a ride in that Caddy Doris.

doris13
Video Poker Master

Post by doris13 »

lol olds.did i tell you i traded in the 2014 because of problems and got a 2017 also in red with all the bells and whistles.i guess dancer will bytch again cause i just made another post. take care olds,happy new year!

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

That's my color Doris. Its a good time of the year for bells and whistles too. Hee Hee. Happy New Year!

Chicagoan

Post by Chicagoan »

I am not sure what generation you hail from Doris, but I am up there myself. What I have discovered over the years is that us folks of "a certain age" take things said on an anonymous posting board much more seriously and personally than do younger people. It's because younger people have basically had the internet in their lives for as long as they can remember and thus they know and understand the impersonal aspect of it, and are able to easily and without emotion separate anonymous "troll talk" from something much more real and personal such as a slur from their supposedly best friend.

I think the advice Bill Ryan is giving you is something you should seriously consider. To be insulted by a nameless, faceless person is just not worth the mental brainpower it takes to even invest a moment of anger.

Enjoy the site, play the games, post on the forum, chuckle at the posts that you find to be uninformed and rude, and for goodness sakes don't let something or someone offend you.

There are too many "real" things in life to become upset about --- this is not real. It's fake names, fake people, faceless comments --- really, not that much different from watching a movie and one of the actors says something offensive as part of the script. Do you spend the rest of your life ticked off and mad at the actor? Of course not. Use that same detachment here.

jetermacaw
VP Veteran

Post by jetermacaw »

After a great Christmas Holiday I check back to find this asinine thread is still continuing, and then I read this great post by Chicagoan which should save someone the $200 an hour that a professional would charge to help someone deal with this nonsense.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

[quote=Chicagoan]There are too many "real" things in life to become upset about ---
this is not real. It's fake names, fake people, faceless comments ---
really, not that much different from watching a movie and one of the
actors says something offensive as part of the script. Do you spend the
rest of your life ticked off and mad at the actor? Of course not. Use
that same detachment here.[/quote]Well stated...