Quarter Deuces

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Re: Quarter Deuces

Post by FloridaPhil »

[quote=Tedlark]I absolutely cringe when I get AWAK when playing any deuces wild version.[/quote]For sure.  Because you hold the deuces, AWAK is much more common in deuces as well.    Double cringe.....  

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

[QUOTE=advantage playe]

16215 to one last i checked

16,214 to 1. Or 1 in 16,215.

Olds, the probability of 4 Deuces in Airport is 1 in 5347.73, so to go 24,000 hands in a row without any is expected to oxcur...

(5346.73/5347.73)^24,000 = 0.0124 = 1 in 88.97 [/QUOTE]

Thanks Vman so much. I think I can handle that. Sound like in the long run, it would happen to me about 3 or 4 times a year.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Of course, deuces has dry spells too and can die slow deaths on that game as well.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Your recent -$500 was quite instructive in that regard! I'm looking forward to getting a good hundred DW hands to wet my beak on dollars. If I fail to hold my own, there's always the JOB switch to help even out. Online software has been fun. With an error rate with the first two digits after the decimal being zero, I figure that I may set sail.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

[quote=FAA]I'm looking forward to getting a good hundred DW hands to wet my beak on dollars.[/quote]Perhaps I am misunderstanding you?  If you are going to play dollar deuces wild, I think you should have at least a 1,000 coin session bankroll to work with.  That would be equal to one quad deuce giving you the best chance of walking away even.   A hundred hands here and there at dollars is like playing Russia Roulette with your money.   You have to have enough ammunition to weather the ups and downs or you are constantly busting out of the game.Why don't you play quarters or 50 cents?   If you crave a big score, you could always play three line quarter VP and hope for a dealt hand.  Just asking?

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

You should have at least a 1,000 coin session bankroll. That would be equal to one quad deuce giving you the best chance of
walking away even. A hundred hands here and there at dollars is like
playing Russia Roulette with your money. You have to have enough
ammunition to weather the ups and downs or you are constantly busting.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------You're right. Hell, each week has been RR, if you've been following my misery. That's precisely what my trips are predicated on. It's exciting, but the bust likelihood is way too high. The ideal solution is to find comfortable quarter DW machines in AC. Probably should take another trip over to Borgata. VPfree2 info is ancient.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

What you are doing is taking a pot shot on the dollar machines.   Been there, done that.   Exciting, but rarely does anything profitable.  If you are going to do it, limit the damage to $20 and only one per hour max.  If you hit anything, pocket the money and go back to playing quarters.    Your money will last longer and you will have a better chance of hitting a quad deuce or a royal.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Yes, it's highly frustrating. Like I said, little discipline. Next time, before I approach those dollar machines, I will try to simply put away the wallet in my bag and just hold a twenty. Best laid plans are usually scrapped in the den of greed. That very first hand pay is an expensive dream being fed with near weekly busts. It's a bucket list thing. I look forward to telling the attendant check, please. Telling the waiter has become old.

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

[quote=Tedlark]I absolutely cringe when I get AWAK when playing any deuces wild version.For sure.  Because you hold the deuces, AWAK is much more common in deuces as well.    Double cringe.....   [/QUOTE]

More common compared to what game? You don't hold a single Ace in deuces wild unless you want to light money on fire, but you occasionally will hold Ace only in non-wild games... and it's over 10 times easier to make AWAK holding only an Ace vs. only a deuce because you can have either a 2, 3, or 4 as your kicker. Hell one of my 3 quad Aces last year (ouch), I pulled off AWAK in this manner. Wasn't playing DDB though because it had a garbage 7/5 paytable. :( But double bonus is decent I guess, better than Aces on deuces, which I also did last year. :(

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

are there any fpdw 100.76 games left for more than quarters??

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

[quote=Vman96]More common compared to what game?[/quote]We were discussing TDB.   I play TDB on this website every day.  I do this because it usually takes at least a royal to win the top score for the day and the 4,000 coin 4AWK lets me win on occation.  It also doesn't cost me anything.I play deuces wild for money.   When you play deuces wild, you always hold the deuces. A deuce is one of the cards you can use to make a 4AWK.  If you are dealt 2 aces with a deuce, your hold those three cards.  The same with 3 acres with a deuce.  For this reason, 4AWK comes up more commonly than it does in TDB.   I don't know what the math says, I'm just relaying my personal experience.  If you like seeing 4AWK, play deuces wild.  Unfortunately, you are only paid for 5-of-a-kind.