Quarter Deuces

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Re: Quarter Deuces

Post by FloridaPhil »

I'll be leaving in the morning on an overnight business trip to South Florida.  I booked a comped room at the Hollywood Hard Rock tonight.  I have $85 in bounce back free play from my last trip.   This trip is going to be a watershed moment for my new year's resolution.   I'll be by myself with no one to keep me in line.  Nothing but max coin quarters is the plan.I've been working on the strategy for the 96.77% deuce wild game.  The variance of this game is higher.  The strategy is also different as the straight flush pays 65 coins, the 5-of-a-kind pays 80 and a wild royal pay 125.  As long as they don't remove the royal flush and the quad deuce from the game, I still have a chance.   I'll post my results Tuesday night.  

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

So you're telling me there's a chance.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

Yes.  If I thought there was a good chance, I would play bigger than quarters.   

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

The 99.5% bankroll killer is as good a chance as we will have. But even that must remain quarters for me considering the results.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

are there any fpdw 100.76 games left for more than quarters??

There are ten quarter games available, which is the same as .50 cent five coin.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

[quote=FAA]But even
that must remain quarters for me considering the results.[/quote]Here's my logic.  If you are going to play crappy video poker games, the only way you are going to beat the game is to hit more jackpots than you are entitled to.  I play those games with quarters and modify my strategy to go for the royal flush if the penalty is less than 5 cents.  I accept whatever happens as part of the game.   One $1,000 royal flush coming sooner than 40,000 hands pays for a lot of 4 cent hands.   Anyone who's lifestyle will be changed losing 4 cents a hand shouldn't be playing VP for money.    

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Crappy video poker games, the only way to beat the game is
to hit more jackpots than you are entitled to.  I play  quarters and modify my strategy to go for the royal flush if the
penalty is less than 5 cents.  I accept whatever happens. One $1,000 RF coming sooner than 40,000 hands pays for a
lot of 4 cent hands.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I couldn't agree more. Especially with JOB, you're living for the RF. Those of us with optimum pay tables could certainly be more aggressive. You pay your nickel and you take your chances! Carpe diem. I may want to go out on a limb some more.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I'll be leaving in the morning on an overnight business trip to South Florida.  I booked a comped room at the Hollywood Hard Rock tonight.  I have $85 in bounce back free play from my last trip.   This trip is going to be a watershed moment for my new year's resolution.   I'll be by myself with no one to keep me in line.  Nothing but max coin quarters is the plan.I've been working on the strategy for the 96.77% deuce wild game.  The variance of this game is higher.  The strategy is also different as the straight flush pays 65 coins, the 5-of-a-kind pays 80 and a wild royal pay 125.  As long as they don't remove the royal flush and the quad deuce from the game, I still have a chance.   I'll post my results Tuesday night.  

There are a lot of those games around Phil. Good luck and have a safe trip. I actually prefer that game over 20/12/10/4/4 as I hate going for the full house when I have 2 pair. Sometimes I never get it. As long as you hit lots of straight flushes, 5 of a kinds and a few wild royals you should be ok with this game. good luck.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Quad deuces failure last 3 sessions or 18,000 hands. As vman was so nice to compute for me, failure in the next session with a 4 session total of 24,000 hands if it happens will have a one in 89 chance of happening. Heading up tomorrow. I will be playing some regular and some Bonus Deuces. The calculation was based on airport deuces but shouldn't be all that different for bonus deuces. We will see what happens. Of course since there were no Royals as well, all three sessions were substantial losers. The Bonus Deuces game I play has a 98.8 long term return so at least I am playing a good paytable. I have even been going against the math a bit on a few of the straight flush holds where the cost is pennies as a penalty for a wrong decision in the hopes of pulling the quad deuces. No dice yet. Maybe I will get lucky and pull the deuces and a Royal in the same session. Hope so.

wilcoxfun

Post by wilcoxfun »

Thank you FloridaPhil for sharing. I will be looking forward to see how this works for you. I will be looking to see what paytable at Metropolis, IL Harrahs has for deuces. It might be the way I start to play there. Also like the free play being used on slots.