my findings

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Re: my findings

Post by Eduardo »

Bob Dancer says to never play negative video poker games.  Do you want everyone across America who does to give up the game?  Where would we be then?

I actually like your losing strategy for people with only bad pay tables, but I see you completely ignored everything I said.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

[quote=Eduardo]Why do you always reply with something about Bob Dancer?[/quote]Because he is VIDEO POKER.  If it weren't for him, it wouldn't exist today.  It would have been hauled out with the Pac-Man machines.   He keeps the dream alive and that's not a bad thing.   Does anyone here want to play 80% slot machines all day?  Not his guy.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

CS is the ultimate! You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it,
bake it, saute it. There's CS-kabobs, CS creole, CS gumbo.
Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple CS, lemon CS, coconut CS, pepper CS, CS soup, CS stew, CS
salad, CS and potatoes, CS burger, CS sandwich. That's about all you can say about CS, right?  No, we probably have another few thousand posts including straw man arguments and misunderstandings.I think we can all understand why Phil thinks math is inferior to his perceptions of his own experiences when he doesn't understand that a computer program can simulate randomness.  What does he think is simulating that same randomness on the video poker machines he has been playing?Phil, this has nothing to do with Bob Dancer.  I think Eduardo tried to get you to understand that.

Can it core a apple?

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Because he is VIDEO POKER.  If it weren't for him, it wouldn't exist today.
That's silly. By that logic, who is responsible for the enduring Wheel of Fortune slot machines and roulette wheels?

stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Post by stevel96a1 »

If Phil can post again the steps on cs id love to hear it and try it. Im starting to believe a 97% game and a 99% game will have the same results moving up on betting and hitting a royal just means you got lucky and evtually it will collaspse regardless of regression or progression of bet or bets

stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Post by stevel96a1 »

Im sick of plsyong for quarters i want the money. Why play 4hr with 500 when you can take a pot shot with 1$ or higher. Being king of quarters is not fun anymore

New2vp
Video Poker Master

Post by New2vp »

If Phil can post again the steps on cs id love to hear it and try it. Im starting to believe a 97% game and a 99% game will have the same results moving up on betting and hitting a royal just means you got lucky and evtually it will collaspse regardless of regression or progression of bet or bets
Hopefully you can handle the buttons on a video poker game better than
on a keyboard or the house edge in the game will be of secondary
importance to your finances."Play one coin on a good pay
schedule until you get a message from beyond (actually from the rng),
then play max coins until the machine takes them without returning
anything.  Rinse and repeat."Wow, is it really that easy?  It doesn't seem like it would take thousands of posts to get that across.What's
not as easy:  Math can tell those who know how to listen to it the
following.  If you only play max coins 15% of the time, it will take
667% as long between the big hits that will bring you fame and fortune. 
Oh, and by the way, before you spend that hard earned cash, be prepared that the price of how much you will pay waiting between
big hits will be greater than if you just played max coin all along.  To
be fair, the swings are definitely greater when playing max coin.  But
when you reduce the downside, you also reduce the upside.But
that is just what will happen on average.  Your results may be better
... especially if you believe you are special or, more importantly, you
wake up today on the good side of the rng.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

It's 97.6% that I pee'd in my pants reading Forest New's analogy...

stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Post by stevel96a1 »

95% 97% or 99% the story will always end the same all Phil is trying to do is seperate him self from the herd and extend his plsy time. If by chance or by math it works for him then id like to hear his system. Othetwise a negative game yields negative results regardless of wager or type of wagers the house knows this

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I'm sick of playing for quarters i want the money. Why play 4 hr with 500
when you can take a pot shot with 1$ or higher. Being king of quarters
is not fun anymore.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Sounds familiar. This foolhardy attitude is how I spent the past year, losing hand over fist. Better safe than sorry. And you'll be sorry.