Which Game is Better?

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
b74
Forum Regular

Re: Which Game is Better?

Post by b74 »

Don’t take it personal. There’s people on here that can’t pass on a post if it doesn’t fit into their line of thinking. They feel better and can justify the lost money on a belief system.

[quote=billryan]If someone constantly contradicts themselves, do we consider them inconsistent or is there a better term?<span ="_tgc="" _s8w"="">Billy, are you going to spend the rest of your life posting rebuttals to everything I say on this forum?   I said I agree with your strategy.  What else do you want me to say?Let's knock it off and go back to talking about the game.  If you want to continue your jabs at me, ask Webman to create a special forum so we can let the rest of the members enjoy it in peace.  You won, get over it.</span>

[/QUOTE]

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Stubborn, combative people may be more prone to losing. I'm sure that a study will confirm this. Their personality cannot countenance losing so they continue to dig a hole for themselves.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

[quote=B74]Why don’t they ever tilt while you’re losing?[/quote]Great question.  It all depends upon your definition of "Going on Tilt".When I used this phrase I was referring to the actions a player may take when they start to run out of money and panic.  Believe me I know all about this.  It is one of my biggest faults.  You get down to your last few bucks.  You want to keep playing, but you know the dreaded empty pockets feeling is coming soon.   You think about the time you put $5 in a machine and won $800 (Yes, it's happened to me).  You go over to the dollar machines and lose the rest of your money in 5 minutes.   You are depressed.  You are also mad at yourself for "Going on Tilt" and it cost you again.It's easy to believe in VP math when things are going well.  When Royals and quad aces are popping up everywhere, you feel like you're making progress.   You're doing exactly what the experts and the math tells you to do and it working.  YES!!When things don't work, you find yourself drifting away.   You tell yourself that royals will never come, so you play single coin.  You switch to high variance games hoping you will hit a big jackpot that will make you whole.   You may even walk around doing battle with slot machines.  On rare occasion you are bailed out and it feels good.   Most of the time you lose again.LOSING IS PART OF VIDEO POKER... I accept it, I embrace it and I think I understand it.  Do I like it?  NO!   Unfortunately, in VP you must lose so you can win at a later date.It took me years to convince myself of this and I'm not totally out of the woods yet.   I think I'm on the right path now, but I have to be vigilant.  That "Going on Tilt" feeling is right around the corner. 

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

It was happening yesterday. Set to leave with a nominal profit. But not enough to justify the trip and time. So $100 for dollar BP. Machine had JOB quad earlier, so I tried a fresh game. Cash evaporating and I was in a panic. I was dealt a pair of fours and drew the other pair. $200, my first max dollar premium quad.