BobDancer
Video Poker Master

IQ of Professional versus Recreational P

Post by BobDancer »

Post unable to migrate

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Pros have a higher IQ on average over the long term, but recreational players have moments of genius and foolishness that come in short sessions.

markinca

Post by markinca »

Dancer is of course correct and honestly I don't know how anyone could even disagree. To be a professional VP player you need to have at the very least a working knowledge of probabilities and expected values, which are mathematical concepts that aren't truly well-understood by most rec players. I don't know for certain how mathematical proficiency correlates to IQ, but I'd imagine it's better than random chance.

My only question is how the IQ of the average rec VP player compares to the average slot player.

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

WHY MR.WEBMAN,!! IS THAT EGOTISTICAL SOCIAL IDIOT ALLOWED TO POST ON THIS THREAD. DOES THE DINGLE- DANCER OWN THIS SIGHT? TELL ME WHERE HE HAS BEEN BANNED FROM AND THATS WHERE I WILL BE!!

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Evidence supporting of BD's post?

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

WHY MR.WEBMAN,!! IS THAT EGOTISTICAL SOCIAL IDIOT ALLOWED TO POST ON THIS THREAD. DOES THE DINGLE- DANCER OWN THIS SIGHT? TELL ME WHERE HE HAS BEEN BANNED FROM AND THATS WHERE I WILL BE!!

For starters, he is very knowledgeable about video poker. No, he does not own this site.

Please see the forum rules as speaking this way about other members of the site is not permitted.

If you wish to post places that Mr Dancer does not, there are other internet forums out there.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Victory Lap thread.

Galeygoo
VP Veteran

Post by Galeygoo »

Up until I saw this thread tonight; I THOUGHT the dumbest thing I would've seen tonight was a benches-clearing baseball fiasco....I thought wrong....lol

Jstark
Video Poker Master

Post by Jstark »

Believe it or not, but some of the smartest people are the dumbest gamblers. VP included.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

This poster should be banned from the Recreational Forum.  If anyone else made these comments they would be thrown off in a NY minute.  What is the purpose of making these statements?  Does it make anyone a better video poker player?  Does it do anything except bolster the ego of someone who clearly has second thoughts about his life choices?    It's reminiscent of "The Emperor's New Clothes" tale by Hans Christian Andersen.   Someone please inform poor Bob Dancer that he may not be as smart as he thinks he is.  So sad...