R U supposed to keep playing same 'cold' machine?

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
billryan
Video Poker Master

Re: R U supposed to keep playing same 'cold' machine?

Post by billryan »

[QUOTE=billryan]   If I offered to buy your four to a Royal Flush draw for $30, would you sell? Assuming I were playing quarter single line (not a likely scenario!), I would!Four to the royal in most quarter games is worth about $24.[/QUOTE]

You know that. I know that( because you taught me). I suspected the poster might not and it seems I was correct.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Snatch this pebble from my hand grasshopper.....

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Snatch this pebble from my hand grasshopper.....

The trick to that is not to go for the hand. Slice the arm off at the shoulder and the pebble becomes easy pickings.

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

Another excellant post LL.Isn't competition great i wish i had your choices.You fit the old saying,to a T,"IT'S HARD TO BEAT A MAN WITH A PLAN".

Lucky Larry
Video Poker Master

Post by Lucky Larry »

tech58,
thanks for the kind words. The key, like most things in life, is to learn as much as you can and the effort necessary to become successful in your endeavors.

BTW: Thanks to the former slot director at Delta Down, Vinton, La. who I met in 2007 shortly after retirement. Sweet C and I were only playing slots when we met and he suggested that I might be interested in learning to play VP instead of slots. My response was I didn't want to learn poker! He took time to give me the advantages of playing VP vs slots and how different it was from table poker. After buying VP software, reading VP articles and practicing for hours we returned to try VP. The second trip I hit my first 25¢ Royal and I've been hooked every since. Still practicing and trying to learn more all the time.