JOB system failure, but a good ending

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

JOB system failure, but a good ending

Post by olds442jetaway »

Well, it worked with one session with a 200 budget. My second trial with this very mild Martingale Clone system failed due to a quadless session and very very few full houses. The method relied heavily on getting full houses even if the quads weren't cooperating which is more often than not on JOB.
     So I lost 200 bucks and another 200 on airport deuces because not only did 4 deuces not appear, wild royals and 5 of a kinds were as scarce as hen's teeth.
     As a last ditch effort and my 3rd hit on the dreaded ATM for another 200 bucks, I decided to try Joker Kings which I also like, but I sometimes had dud streaks longer than job of deuces. Anyway, not this time. After playing an hour or so, I tossed a junk deal hand and was dealt back a Royal in Spades. An hour later, I was dealt 4 of a kind with the joker and connected with the 5th card for a nice 200 for one payout. That was last night. I played a couple of hours today and stayed with joker kings. I was dealt 4 sixes with the joker and connected with the other 6 on the draw. Packed in and went home ahead 800 bucks for all quarter play.
     The funny thing is I used the same job system that failed on job and on deuces wild. I guess the bottom line is all systems work sometimes and fail more times than they win. I still like playing my various Martingale clone methods. It keeps my mind sharp as there is math involved on every hand that I do in my head and on the game above, I hit that Royal at bet 6 instead of bet 5. Good luck and health to all.

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

Please tell me you got a pic of the redraw royal. That is something I will never expect to hit in my life...

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Hi Vman. Yes I have a pic on my old non smart LG phone, but hate to bother Phil who I'm sure isn't feeling a hundred percent yet. I could txt it to you if you have a phone number you would like me to send it too. A smart phone is coming, but may be a couple of months out yet. This is actually my second lifetime redraw Royal. About fifteen years ago while playing Bonus Poker, 99.1 before then yanked those, I hit one at the 50 cent level for 2k. Anyway, let me know if you like where to send it to. It is in spades lined up 10,J,K,Q,A. My other redraw years ago was in spades as well. My guess is the probability of a redraw Royal would be the same as a dealt one based on the number of times you hit the redraw button, but really, in draw poker, how often, do you throw away your entire dealt hand. This was joker kings. As a wild guess is must be every ten hands or so. That means frequency wise the redraw Royal would come along so many sessions fewer than a dealt Royal.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

I have had 2 rebound royals in 20 years of play.they are actualy a bit easier to get than a dealt royal since the deck is missing a few non royal cards!

pokerpokerpoker
VP Veteran

Post by pokerpokerpoker »

WTG, Olds.

Excluding Dream Card, I have never gotten a dealt royal or a re-draw royal - that goes for playing on this site too.