triple play or single play

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
dacleave
Forum Newbie

triple play or single play

Post by dacleave »

Is there a difference in return playing triple play or five play compared to single play. because of  return on each hand I know the pay scale is the same.                                  

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

If a five play has the same pay table as a single play, long term expected value is the same. Individual results will vary.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

As stated above, the long term return is the same. Assuming that you are playing the same denomination at triple line, you do have to be aware that you need a somewhat larger bankroll, as the fluctuations are much greater.

dacleave
Forum Newbie

Post by dacleave »

I agree just wanted a quick input for a friend thanks

dondiego
Forum Newbie

Post by dondiego »

This is my thought on that, but I'm no expert. I woulds trhink playing multiple games would be harder to win for the fact that you would have to consistenly beat the odds. For instance, if playing 3 hands, two hands would be a winner. If playing 5 hands, three hands would be a winner.   Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

This is my thought on that, but I'm no expert. I woulds trhink playing multiple games would be harder to win for the fact that you would have to consistenly beat the odds. For instance, if playing 3 hands, two hands would be a winner. If playing 5 hands, three hands would be a winner.   Please correct me if I'm wrong.

But that's not what we are wanting to consider.

Let's say you hit a quad on DDB from a pair of 4s in a 3 line game and completely miss the other two lines. You won one out of three lines. But did you actually lose?

Also, remember when you get a dealt winner, you typically win all the lines you're playing.

The math perfectly evens out when it comes to overall return. If you play $10,000 coin-in of 9/6 JoB with perfect strategy, you are expected to lose about $46 whether that play came on 1 play, 5 play, 10 play, etc.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Ah, what a relief it must be to actually obtain -$4.60 on $1,000 coin in.

rayj

Post by rayj »

Triple play will just suck up your $$$...well....3 time faster!

sza
Forum Newbie

Post by sza »

if you do 5 play $1 game, compared with playing 1 play $5 dollar games, you bet $25 a hand for both games, however, 5 play has much lower variance. 3 play follows the same logic.