The World of Negative VP

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
New2vp
Video Poker Master

Re: The World of Negative VP

Post by New2vp »

For the most part, I see them lose. I have never seen one of them have a big hit.These observations are in line with theoretical results, depending on how many times you have observed these.  Of course these are also in line with your penchant for observing long negative streaks of your own play.  Now, if you've observed vulturing a couple thousand times and seen no quads hit, you have seen something like you've posted here about regular play.  I personally would never have the patience to interrupt my own play that often to form an opinion as to how often another player has big hits.There is nothing about vulturing multipliers that would suggest that you automatically get fewer zero-pay hands or that you would get more quads or better (if that is how you define a big hit).  Assuming that the vulture crew uses normal base game strategy, which is what they should use, they will have a lot of losses.  The thing that makes vulturing a positive play is that dollars out have a higher average multiplier than dollars in.  So, big hits (if you define that by final hand types) would be just as infrequent as in regular play.  You still believe that this is a positive play regardless of whether you approve of this crew, right?   One time an elderly lady was playing the
Ultimate x game next to me and had no idea what she was doing. She
cashed out after a few hands, but left 3 twelve x multipliers on the
screen. Before she got up, I explained to her what was up on the screen.
She put her ticket back in and got a high pair x twelve on all 3 hands.
She was thrilled, cashed out and left. That was very nice of you.  You didn't mention that you advised her to adjust her wager.  That would have helped her overall profitability.  Either way, it was good advice on your part because this was a potential advantage play.  And I'm glad for you that she hit.  Some people only see such advice as positive when they hit, regardless if it was simply a potential advantage play.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

[quote=new2vp]Really?  Is that what you asked?[/quote]I went to great lengths to explain why I made this post.  If you didn't get it, it's not my fault.  Here it is again.Mr. Dancer has repeatedly stated on this forum that I have long term positive video poker games available to me in Florida and I will not play them. He went further and said his "sources" tell him these games exist in Florida.   I challenged those statements and we are waiting for him to back up his statements with proof.So far all we have is circling Ultimate X multipliers.  Mr. Dancer makes a lot of claims.  He has never provided anything I have seen to back them up other than a few photos from the year 2000.   I am giving him the benefit of the doubt when he says he makes a "good living" from VP.  His description of the games he plays, the time and effort he devotes and the skill he undoubtedly has, all make this totally plausible.   Whether he does or doesn't has no effect on me and frankly I could care less.When he calls forum members unintelligent or undisciplined for not playing games that do not exist, I think he owes us some proof for a change.  I suspect we will be looking at Trump's tax records before that happens.