Very, very, lucky bailout at Mohegan Sun

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Very, very, lucky bailout at Mohegan Sun

Post by olds442jetaway »

I played the same 800 for bet 1 for the Royal 3 lines spin poker machine at Mohegan Sun from late Sunday evening right through 7:30 AM Monday morning. So I was playing 3 bucks at a time all night and gradually losing, but not really that fast considering this is a dollar machine. At least the pay table is 98.8% for the Bonus Deuces Wild game I was playing. At least 8 hours of play and all I got was one wild royal, a few 5 of a kinds, and lots of the smaller stuff including more than average amount of straight flushes. At least they pay 13 for one on this game. Finally, and not smartly, I threw caution to the wind and stopped holding a single deuce and 2 other cards to the straight flush just keeping the deuce and hoping for a miracle. I had not been holding the 3s, 4s, or 5s, anyway all night with the deuce and only had been holding the 6s or better with the deuce. Well finally it ate my 4 hundred dollar bills I had put in nearly 8 hours ago.
     Against all of my better judgment, I hit the ATM for another 400 bucks. I decided to play my desperate suicide progression which I rarely do since more often than not, suicide with that 400 is exactly what you will get.
     It works this way, Bet 3 lines at a buck each. When you have lost 2 consecutive hands which is often, advance to betting 3 lines at 2 bucks a line. Lose 2 consecutive hands again and go to 3 bucks a line and so forth. The worst case scenario is you lose all the way up to 10 bucks a line and then most of your 400 bucks is gone. Also anytime I beat my bet in the progression, I immediately backed the bet down to a buck a line.
   Sure enough, I had horrible deals with hardly any dealt deuces. My bet was up to 7 bucks a line for the 3 lines. I was dealt a single deuce 7,8, in spades if I remember. Against my better judgment again, I tossed the 7,8, keeping the single deuce and was extremely lucky to pull 4 deuces on the center line for a nice 1400 buck hand pay. So I bailed out. Got back my initial 400, the ATM money plus, and another 600 then cashed out and headed to bed after a quick coffee break.
    Don't try this at home....The results will almost always end in disaster!

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

Whew!!

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Nice bailout OLDS. I wasn't so lucky playing Super Double Bonus and 9/6 JOB multi-strikes yesterday at Borgata. 99.7% games, but no quads, no premium hands of any kind, so dropped 1k in 2 hours. About as bad as it can get. When I was down $ 600 bucks, I upped my play to dollar SDB hoping for lighting to strike. It didn't so that's that. Thank goodness still up 3k for the year.

Come Back Kid
Video Poker Master

Post by Come Back Kid »

Nice comeback Olds! Whew is right! LOL

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Yep, great recovery olds.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Staggering bravado. Congratulations on beating the odds.

stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Post by stevel96a1 »

What!?!? No gronbog or bill ryan to rain on your parade???? I thought first reply would be you losing bla bla dont do it bla
I say good for you keep the wins comin

Gronbog

Post by Gronbog »

What!?!? No gronbog or bill ryan to rain on your parade???? I thought first reply would be you losing bla bla dont do it bla
I say good for you keep the wins cominNo Need. He said essentially that several times himself.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Pretty damn good to have $400 last for 8 hours on a dollar machine in the first place.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

[quote=FAA]Pretty damn good to have $400 last for 8 hours on a dollar machine in the first place.
[/quote]His strategy of incrementing his bet allows him to play a lot more hands than flat betting max coins.   More hands played equals more chances at a jackpot.  The advantage Olds has at the Mohegan Sun is  there is no royal penalty on the games he plays, so betting short coin has no negative effect on the odds.  It's a very entertaining way to play VP, which is why he plays VP to begin with.