Saying Goodbye to a Dear Friend

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
tech58
Video Poker Master

Re: Saying Goodbye to a Dear Friend

Post by tech58 »

FASCINATING VMAN!!!! About a third of the way thru your post i could imagine myself wandering around behind the little animals,at least the ones under the table.I wrote down three different stouts that i plan to try on advice from a pro. thanks.

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

FASCINATING VMAN!!!! About a third of the way thru your post i could imagine myself wandering around behind the little animals,at least the ones under the table.I wrote down three different stouts that i plan to try on advice from a pro. thanks.

Glad you enjoyed! Kentucky Breakfast Stout and it's Canadian cousin, Canadaian Breakfast Stout are both worth a try. But they are limited releases. KBS in late March and CBS in late Nov., iirc. So finding them will be difficult now. In the mean time, try the regular Founder's Breakfast Stout. That is both tasty and affordable.

The other day I gave out a rating of 5 to a stout, which I rarely give. Firestone Walker Parabola (12.3%). Very pricey at near $10 for a 12 oz. bottle, but it was wonderful.

wildman49
Video Poker Master

Post by wildman49 »

WOW Vman you can pack a lot of fun in a  few days did you sleep at all??? You know the funny thing about DDB is I have hit the 4 aces with kicker on 20 nickels may times even had them dealt. But have never hit them at the quarter level! We have DDB at 99.9% to play! I don't play it much at all few hands each trip.

Galeygoo
VP Veteran

Post by Galeygoo »

I have ALWAYS enjoyed you taking me along for the trips!! You certainly DO have a way of making us feel we're along for the ride.

Hope your Moms don't stay mad at you both for long :)

Thanks again for the beautiful pictures and enjoyable, relatable stories!!!!!

case
VP Veteran

Post by case »

Glad you got those aces and the kicker. They can be a savior to any trip. Liked the views from the Mirage room as well.

I will be there June 7th for a week.

Thanks for taking the time to post.

pokerforme

Post by pokerforme »

Like normal a awesome trip report. You have a way with these, Vegas should pay you something for all the advertising you do for them....just kidding obviously but you do that good of a job. I don’t spend much time on the forums these days but always make time for your reports! Thank you

Waiting4RF
VP Veteran

Post by Waiting4RF »

Thanks for the detailed report Vman. Congrats on the jackpot quad too.

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

Thanks for the detailed report Vman. Congrats on the jackpot quad too.

Thanks!

WOW Vman you can pack a lot of fun in a  few days did you sleep at all??? You know the funny thing about DDB is I have hit the 4 aces with kicker on 20 nickels may times even had them dealt. But have never hit them at the quarter level! We have DDB at 99.9% to play! I don't play it much at all few hands each trip.

I definitely didn't sleep enough, took a couple of days to get back to normal.

At least a 20 nickel quad is close to a 5 quarter quad though. There are a couple of bars in Tunica like that, and they up the paytable at the quarter level for the game we play at those places (also Super DDB). So of course you have to bet 5 quarters vs. 20 nickels then! It's just one more quarter!

Your run on quarter DDB sounds like my quarter Deuces run. The funny (and good thing) for me is, I don't ever recall hitting AWAK while playing DDB, Super DDB, TDB, etc. on a true nickel machine. Only that one quarter bet at that Mirage bartop five years ago. All my other AWAK on DDB or Super DDB have been on max quarters. Super DDB has been my luckiest game by far!

I have ALWAYS enjoyed you taking me along for the trips!! You certainly DO have a way of making us feel we're along for the ride.

Hope your Moms don't stay mad at you both for long :)

Thanks again for the beautiful pictures and enjoyable, relatable stories!!!!!

Thank you! I remember that you really enjoy reading! I appreciate it!

Glad you got those aces and the kicker. They can be a savior to any trip. Liked the views from the Mirage room as well.

I will be there June 7th for a week.

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Yes, the way I play, it's definitely big enough to flip a trip. Hope you can find many big hits yourself next week!

Like normal a awesome trip report. You have a way with these, Vegas should pay you something for all the advertising you do for them....just kidding obviously but you do that good of a job. I don’t spend much time on the forums these days but always make time for your reports! Thank you

Thanks! I love putting in the detail.
Some of the detail is pretty selfish to be honest. I re-read my own stuff every now and again. Haha

pokerpokerpoker
VP Veteran

Post by pokerpokerpoker »

Great read, thanks for posting! Another winning trip, what 3 in a row now? I wish my Vegas trips could end "gambler's even" or maybe "around theo".

I've walked by Tag many times, but never played. I always saved my bar-top play for Chandelier at Cosmo. But that joint makes me feel like such white trash when the California crowd is in the house.

Any word in what is going to go in Tag's old spot?

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

Great read, thanks for posting! Another winning trip, what 3 in a row now? I wish my Vegas trips could end "gambler's even" or maybe "around theo".

I've walked by Tag many times, but never played. I always saved my bar-top play for Chandelier at Cosmo. But that joint makes me feel like such white trash when the California crowd is in the house.

Any word in what is going to go in Tag's old spot?

It's actually 4 winning trips in a row now. And probably 7 trips in a row where I was "above theo". It's been a wonderful streak for Vegas. I just need to remember this isn't "normal". I wish it was!

And I'm total white trash in Cosmo. I am always under-dressed and seriously don't care. Hahahahahaha

Unfortunately I'm not sure about any details about TAG's replacement. Hopefully a nice new bar with at least some craft selection.