Pretty good deal upcoming at Mohegan Sun

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Pretty good deal upcoming at Mohegan Sun

Post by olds442jetaway »

In about ten days, Mohegan Sun is offering a pretty good deal to players to maintain their current tier status for an additional 6 months without hitting the tier requirements. For 4 days in Jume, if you hit in tier points a certain total they assign you by the end of the 4th day, your get the additional 6 months.
    In my case to maintain Soar Status which is a high level there, I will need to earn 100 status or tier points. I would never hit the required 4000 tier points this cycle of 6 months on my own. Every player will get a different number they have to earn based on some formula they use. The downside for vp players at least for me, is I have to run during those 4 days roughly a total of 50k through the machines. That is because in round numbers you have to run through 500 bucks just to earn one status or tier point. If I am just a bit unlucky and say get 98 percent of it back, it will cost me only a thousand bucks. However, it I am extremely unlucky and only get 90 percent of the 50k back, it will cost me 5 grand.
    In my case and for some others it will be worth it. I stay over there about 150 days a year and all of those stays would be comped as a Soar status player. Food and drink in one form or another is always free along with shows, the breakfast club, free play, and giveaways. There are other smaller benefits as well of a smaller nature including discounts on gasoline and store purchases.
    I just thought I would pass this along in case some of the guys and gals out there who play at Mohegan don't get their mailing with the offer. For most players at a lower status, the requirements will be lower, maybe as little as 40 points or even less. Check with a host if you guys did not get the mailing with the offer.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Yeah, it's basically your second home. Settle in.