border question

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Re: border question

Post by Tedlark »

bill, thank you for your teachings. Now snatch this pebble from my hand.

As far as the wall goes: no, I would not want it 30 miles inland and regarding people owning property on the border I simply offer that you look up Eminent Domain, Condemnation Proceedings, and Quick Taking.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

bill, thank you for your teachings. Now snatch this pebble from my hand.

As far as the wall goes: no, I would not want it 30 miles inland and regarding people owning property on the border I simply offer that you look up Eminent Domain, Condemnation Proceedings, and Quick Taking.

Easy hacks for snatching pebbles out of the masters hands.

1) feint towards the hand and kick him as hard as possible in the nuts.

2) cut off the arm just above the elbow and take the pebble at your leisure.

Evidently notes is kind of upset no one is taking his ludicrous posts seriously. Perhaps if he got out of his bunker once in a while he might see the beauty this country offers.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

[QUOTE=Tedlark]   bill, thank you for your teachings. Now snatch this pebble from my hand.

Easy hacks for snatching pebbles out of the masters hands.

1) feint towards the hand and kick him as hard as possible in the nuts.

2) cut off the arm just above the elbow and take the pebble at your leisure.

Evidently notes is kind of upset no one is taking his ludicrous posts seriously. Perhaps if he got out of his bunker once in a while he might see the beauty this country offers. [/QUOTE]

He keeps asking a question "do folks want an open border?" That is preposterous....is he being rhetorical?    I have a better question, what does Notes1 want????

First, if you think I'm "leftist" you haven't been paying attention.... second, the answer (again) to your question is NO folks do not want "open" borders, they want functioning borders that do everything a modern border in a dynamic capitalistic economy is supposed to do....as I said earlier, the USA does not have "open" borders.

So instead of simply asking the same question, and instead of criticizing those with opinions who chose to voice them....why don't YOU voice exactly what is on your mind vis-a-vis this question and issue at hand: tell us what you think the border (s) of the USA should function as, or look like, and back it up.

I'm in agreement with you that border "security" is important and requires both prioritization and thinking outside the box to improve things...there always will be some dysfunction, but things can improve. However, building a massive, COSTLY, impractical and psychologically negative "Wall" is not going to help, not even a little. I'd just as soon put more border agents at known hot spots than put up this travesty of a wall...

When considering things like the infamous Maginot Line ( the greatest single construction of fortresses and linear defense measures in military history) or of the Nazi Germany equivalent, the Siegfried Line,
General George Patton, not exactly a "leftist" or a passive voice, stated "Fixed fortifications, walls and obstacles are monuments to mankind's stupidity ...when things built by God like massive mountain ranges, rivers, oceans and deserts can be overcome, anything built by men can too."

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

So France builds the Maginot Line; Germany makes a few diversionary attacks along the strongest points of the Maginot Line and Germany then enters France through Belgium.

I did appreciate the Patton reference though.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

Evidently notes is kind of upset no one is taking his ludicrous posts seriously. Perhaps if he got out of his bunker once in a while he might see the beauty this country offers. [/QUOTE

appears to me, the majority of those who cared to post, are in favor of this country having secure borders.

you are just having bad week, make that a bad 18 months. another scotus coming who will abide by the constitution.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

I believe there is evidence that the wall (actually a fence I think) along the California border near San Diego does work. Bill, you are from Long Island so you should know what is going on with MS-13 in Brentwood and Central Islip and that area.

Chicagoan

Post by Chicagoan »

I agree with Carcounter that the wall (it is mostly a steel wall) in San Diego County does indeed work.

Also, I would ask: How many potential illegal immigrants were arrested and had their rights allegedly denied or their family separated when they wised up and changed their minds before actually reaching the border and committing the crime of entering the USA illegally? Answer: NONE.

Why is it so hard for so many people to understand that there is a LEGAL route to immigration, and it is followed successfully by THOUSANDS of people every year?

I welcome LAWFUL immigrants to become citizens in the greatest nation on the face of the earth! America has always been a nation of immigrants. But we would be irresponsible citizens of the greatest nation on the face of the earth if we sat by idly and allowed a flood of illegal immigrants to break the law.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

I agree with Carcounter that the wall (it is mostly a steel wall) in San Diego County does indeed work.

Also, I would ask: How many potential illegal immigrants were arrested and had their rights allegedly denied or their family separated when they wised up and changed their minds before actually reaching the border and committing the crime of entering the USA illegally? Answer: NONE.

Why is it so hard for so many people to understand that there is a LEGAL route to immigration, and it is followed successfully by THOUSANDS of people every year?

I welcome LAWFUL immigrants to become citizens in the greatest nation on the face of the earth! America has always been a nation of immigrants. But we would be irresponsible citizens of the greatest nation on the face of the earth if we sat by idly and allowed a flood of illegal immigrants to break the law.

US Law allows immigrants to show up and request asylum.
Trumps administration is taking the children of these people and demanding that the asylum seekers withdraw their legal applications or risk losing their kids.
It is the Trump administration that is violating OUR laws.

jetermacaw
VP Veteran

Post by jetermacaw »

And you know for a fact that each child was ACTUALLY the child of the person trying to bring them across the border?

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

And you know for a fact that each child was ACTUALLY the child of the person trying to bring them across the border?

Guilty until proven innocent, right?
If they aren't their kids, then the asylum seekers wouldn't care about getting them back, right?

Lets use your logic. Adult is only using kid as a prop so trumps attempt to use the kid as a weapon shouldn't be very effective, would it?
THe US Government is taking kids as hostages and you are okay with that. Have you no sense of decency?
If the Salvadorian Government was kidnapping kids and holding them hostage in order to keep the parents there, would you care?