Max Coin Quarters vs. Single Coin 50 Cents

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Re: Max Coin Quarters vs. Single Coin 50 Cents

Post by Tedlark »

New, the Important WORD in my post is: may. Not as in the month But as in a possibility that he did, or Did Not.

New2vp
Video Poker Master

Post by New2vp »

New, the Important WORD in my post is: may. Not as in the month But as in a possibility that he did, or Did Not.
Yep, Ted, I saw your qualifier and the question mark.  I wasn't 100% sure that I could interpret your message "It may appear that Phil has been playing some people here better than he plays video poker?" to mean "It appears that Phil would have you believe he has been playing some people here better than he plays video poker."  No judgment on my part as to your conclusion either way.  Certainly there probably isn't universal agreement.  Many don't want to get involved here and who would blame them?  There is little chance of resolution, conclusion, or finality.Maybe you noticed my qualifier.  "You might want to wait
for a second source on that news for confirmation."  "Might" in the same sense as you used the word "may," certainly not in the sense of indicating strength or power in terms of persuasion.The truth is that even Phil probably doesn't always know why he posts, which point he is going to repeat, which opposing view he is going to mock again whether rightly or wrongly.  So it makes sense in a way that he might have to come up with reasons after the fact to show himself in a better light.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Um, I most likely will pass on might wanting to wait for a second source on that news for confirmation. That's like saying I might want to wait until the Cubs win the World Series. Oh wait, strike that and change it to: I might want to wait and see if someone else quits making ranting political posts.

New2vp
Video Poker Master

Post by New2vp »

Sorry about making edits in the previous post after you replied.I guess now we have to talk about the Cleveland Indians winning the World Series as the test of a mixture of hopefulness and futility.Is it too late to take the under on Eduardo's guess of 3 weeks?

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

You guys just don't get it.  Like I've said so many times, video poker is a kid's game with 5 buttons.  My 6 month old great grand daughter could play it.   If she hit the buttons at the right time, she could hit a royal.It's so much fun to post on this forum because anything that is not right out of some APs book is taken as stomping on the flag.  Most of the VP players in the world could care less if the guy at the end of the row is playing single coin.  They would be pissed if they knew he was going home with more money in his pocket.  You can't beat a negative game that way, but you sure as heck can lose less money.I play max coin quarters now for one and only one reason.  My wife loves staying at the resorts.  If I bet $1.25 a hand instead of 25 cents, they let me stay there for free and everyone is happy.  I'm ahead of them this year, so I'm happy. All the rest of this discussion is entertainment.   Let the games begin.  

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Phil I find your posts to be entertaining but you"ve changed playing strategies so many times in the last 4 years that you have lost credibility in almost everything you write.

You've also taken a page from the "Book of DaBurglar" as you seem to lash out at people who take an opposing view of yours when it comes to video poker.

You again recently wrote about getting people to change their video poker playing habits, including playing at lesser denominations, but you again later state that what people do with their money is of no concern to you.

Your claim of "strictly being a quarter player" is taken very lightly by those of us in the forums for mainly a couple reasons, which would be: we are suspecting, because of your nature, your philosophy will change sometime in the near future, and, nobody really cares.

People take shots at you here because you make yourself out to be a target, much in the same manner that you've made Bob D. a favorite target of yours.

If a video poker player could care less about the guy at the end of the row playing single coin why would they be pissed if they knew he was going home with more money in his pocket? I personally wouldn't be upset at all and I really wouldn't care. Should we, as max coin players feel guilty after hitting a full pay royal in front of a single coin player? I sure the heck don't. You owned, by your own admission, a successful business. You took the risk and you reaped the rewards that came with taking the risk. You also put in the blood, sweat, and tears that come with being a business owner. How would you react to a person who made wise crack remarks about you being a successful business owner? Same thing with video poker, risk and reward. You are NOT rewarded though with single coin play. Recreational player or not.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

I think this whole issue is being blown out of proportion.  Changing strategies is part of the fun of VP.   The difference is I tell people about my thoughts and experiences, while others keep them to themselves.    What's wrong with telling players what I have tried, what worked for me and what didn't?  We have a lot of members on this forum who don't post.  I believe they don't because they are afraid of being ridiculed.   There should not be any off limit VP topics on the Recreational Forum.  So you know,  I might change VP strategies in the next five minutes.  It might not be the strategy I use tomorrow.   The reason I play quarters is I don't have to face the consequences of making a wrong choice.   I also can't play computer perfect forever.  In addition, I think anyone who would risk six figures playing video poker either has an agenda, or is a complete imbecile.   I don't expect everyone to agree with me.To me, video poker is entertainment and nothing more.   How you choose to be entertained is your own personal business.   If some members think that is a crime, so be it.  If they don't like what I post, they shouldn't read them.Ted, you say playing single coin has no reward.  This is where you are wrong.  99% of today's video poker games are negative and most of those are less than 99%. Players also make errors.  Most Recreational players are paying multiple times the amount of a royal to experience one.  Does that sound like a reward to you?

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

The main reason why a player would change strategies is because their current strategy does not work. There are no ifs, ands, or buts, about it.

Living in the Chicago geographic area I understand completely what its like to play a negative game. I also am a disciplined player and if I hit something that I feel satisfies me for that session, I end the session. I did this again last Sunday at Four Winds in New Buffalo, MI. I went to knock out some freeplay and I walked out exactly 1 hour and 15 minutes later up a little over $500.00. To me that was a profitable and disciplined session. I did the same thing 3 weeks ago at Four Winds except though for a bit longer. I had a 2 hour session and left up $1,300.00. I consider myself to be a really good disciplined player but I have been known to go on tilt but those times are rare.

My point is that if I were a single coin player there is absolutely no way I could be up $500.00 in an hour. It is highly unlikely a single coin player could ever finish a session, even 8-10 hours, up that same $500.00. To me, playing single coin and earning very few points or comps while doing so all in hopes of hitting that $62.50 royal (quarter player) has no reward.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

[quote=TedLark]It is highly unlikely a single coin player could ever finish a session, even 8-10 hours, up that same $500.00.[/quote]This is where you are wrong.  Back when I played quarter CS.  I could play all day for $50.  This freed up all kinds of money for pot shots.  Once an hour I would walk into the high limit room with a $20 bill and play $5 CS one coin at a time.  Three times in one year I turned a $20 bill into $1,000.   Once, I turned a $20 into $1,735.00.   The photo is below.  I put a $20 bill in the machine and played single coin $5 deuces wild.  I got a good run up and hit a quad deuce for $1,000. I pushed the max coin button and hit a $25 wild royal for $625.  I cash out left the high limit room and went back to playing single coin quarters.  That's called putting yourself in the position to get lucky.  By the way Ted,  No W2G!

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

I thought we were talking about quarter level players? Now you are back onto $5.00 denominations? Odd.....