Hard Rock

Discussion about gambling in Atlantic City
paco13
VP Veteran

Re: Hard Rock

Post by paco13 »

It was very busy and not many open machines So I only checked a few. I do not play JOB so did not check them at all. I like DDB or TBD. The DDB I saw was 8/5 so I didn't play. I did find a 9/5 TDB and played it even though its not so good. Most of my play was 9/6 DB Because it was the best I could find. IIRC the BP was 7/5.
The CET properties have some of the more traditional 8/5 BP, 9/6 DDB, 9/6 TDB and some 9/7 TDB which may be $1 not sure since I play both .25 and $1. Plus you have the progressives, which is what I stick to usually, and the multiline's I like as well. I play .05 10 play DSTP or UX to.
As to why I played there. Well I wanted to check it out and it is very nice. I budgeted/brought what I wanted to spend there based on the comps/FP. I was given $150 FP, A two night hotel stay, and $80 food/spending credits. I figured the hotel rooms are/should be worth $100 a night at a brand new place in such a good location to even a non gambler. So add that up and you get a $430 value to those freebies. Hence my initial $400 BR I brought. Now add in the Comps I may have earned for my play for the next trip. So to me it was worth the shot but I will not be playing much more VP there in the future unless I can find better games.My better half does not play much but she wanted to play a little and wound up doing well on the slots and was enjoying herself so didn't want to leave. Good or bad runs/luck can happen on any pay table, so figure my chances better playing poor VP tables than slots anyhow so I stuck with it. She left this first time $80 ahead playing .30/spin. Second trip she turned her $50 FP into $78 cash. She hardly ever wins so a big deal for her. No matter the pay table though I was just dealt mostly crap and therefore blew through the BR quickly. I like to play and up and down is normal but the duration is what increases the total coin in. This coin in then earns the comps/rewards which is important to me. It is the only thing that makes negative games justifiable to me. When you have these bad runs of crap though you don't last long therefore you don't earn many credits.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I know all about being dealt crap. That's Harrah's 9/6 JOB recently. I've written them off, despite the great Happy Hour on the premises. I lose my appetite in a hurry.

jetermacaw
VP Veteran

Post by jetermacaw »

Ocean Resort has 4 9/6 JOB in their high limit room. 2 are $1-$25 & 2 are $1-$5. Just heard these were originally 9/5 and just upgraded, supposedly with more upgrades to come.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Thanks Jeter, that might work.

jetermacaw
VP Veteran

Post by jetermacaw »

Still getting fuzzy answers to the countdown & how tier/comp$ are acquired, might make the pilgrimage Thursday to the card match upgrade thing, $150 in free play is worth the walk from Caesars. Just heard it looks like 10:1 which would be great, @ Harrahs 9/6 Jacks @ $1 have a 50:1 count down.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

Thank you Jeter!!I will make the trip down there.I wonder how that garden state traffic will be.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

better go at 3 am.

Waiting4RF
VP Veteran

Post by Waiting4RF »

Paco, how far in the future can you use the 2 free nights? i am assuming the $80 food credit is for their buffet. How far in the future can you use that? Can they be used in August if you get the Tier match in July?

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Time to jitney up north to OR for me, too. That's my kind of band wagon! Adding it to my calendar this weekend. Caesars can eat my dust.

paco13
VP Veteran

Post by paco13 »

The comps are good for 90 days from the day you get them I was told.