A little luck goes a long way! update 7/10/18

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
FAA
Video Poker Master

Re: A little luck goes a long way! update 7/10/18

Post by FAA »

9/6 JOB is designed for the player to hang in there and lose a few bucks hourly on quarter. That rarely results. Don't even mention the dollar drain.

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

Nice pot-shots wildman. I know those two machines well. They are the only two with $2 as far as i know at the eagle. The one you hit the quad on gave me two $5 royals in jan. & apr. of 2016 and i am still riding that bankroll.

wildman49
Video Poker Master

Post by wildman49 »

Nice pot-shots wildman. I know those two machines well. They are the only two with $2 as far as i know at the eagle. The one you hit the quad on gave me two $5 royals in jan. & apr. of 2016 and i am still riding that bankroll. Hey there tech you know them machines. Well it happened again. I know I know you keep going to the well its going to go dry. Playing yesterday (Sunday) first few hours holding my own to up, when the bottom falls out and over 3 to 4 hours its 100 after 100 playing 9/6 Jacks and 8/5 PB. Once I cross down $500 I start playing more BDLX looking for a 400 coin four of a kind. When I get down $800 I change to NSUD, both games at the $1 level. It's 6:30p meeting the wife to eat. I'm down $1300. My bank roll for the day is $2000. I got a ticket for $200. I drop it in put it on $5 denomination. Going to get 8 pulls. The first hand diamond flush, second I think was a dud, 3 third  hand the pot shot pays off!Very VERY lucky. $2000 hand pay. After we eat I go back to $1 level and its just horrible.I end the day dead even. Two Sundays in a row need a bail out pot shot. I played Friday up $1300 and poker was not bad at all. I just don't get it. Good luck chasing the royal!

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

Wildman nice hail mary comeback. I recall a post not long ago about the futility of breaking even. That lucky pilgrim must have never been where you were,and i have been many times.Somedays breaking even is a blessed place to be.Just returned from one of those tonight. my angle machine at the buffet bar stuck me for 2K.Hit the high limit room[2 good machines] and hit a $10 quad[dang w2g] and two $5 quads and walked $175 ahead and happy to be there.Being fairly certain that you and i would visually know each other when we meet,i am doubling down on the three beers i owe you, that this is true.[subject to various legal disclaimers].Bankroll intact kill em n ext trip.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Vast majority of members likely cannot relate to these vast bankroll sums put at great risk. Smoke if you got them.

wildman49
Video Poker Master

Post by wildman49 »

Vast majority of members likely cannot relate to these vast bankroll sums put at great risk. Smoke if you got them. I would agree, playing at $1 or $5 level for recreational play is not for most but I do think members like to see what its like for players to play at that level. Peeks there interest.The players club is very generous at a .7% flyer, then points play on Sundays adding another .4% we play at a 1.1% pay back less the game you play on Sundays. Many games at positive any time to play, not sure it will last forever but for now playing on a bigger bankroll is the play.I am not a $5 player at all maybe less the 40 hands played this year. It's just pot shot play for me.

wildman49
Video Poker Master

Post by wildman49 »

Wildman nice hail mary comeback. I recall a post not long ago about the futility of breaking even. That lucky pilgrim must have never been where you were,and i have been many times.Somedays breaking even is a blessed place to be.Just returned from one of those tonight. my angle machine at the buffet bar stuck me for 2K.Hit the high limit room[2 good machines] and hit a $10 quad[dang w2g] and two $5 quads and walked $175 ahead and happy to be there.Being fairly certain that you and i would visually know each other when we meet,i am doubling down on the three beers i owe you, that this is true.[subject to various legal disclaimers].Bankroll intact kill em n ext trip. To funny tech, I was there from 11a to about 3p. First hour down $600 playing $1 level, play 1000 hands an hour and one quad. Went to the well and it was not dry yet!11th hand came in for $800.After that back to $1 play and it was just nothing but dead hand dead hand. Went to the well one last time, it was dry. Down $1200. Back Thursday morning and Friday as I am on my first week of 5 weeks Vacation between now and November!Good luck chasing the royal!

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

Wildman you have mentioned the sunday 3X points thing. I thought that excluded VP. Wrong?

wildman49
Video Poker Master

Post by wildman49 »

Wildman you have mentioned the sunday 3X points thing. I thought that excluded VP. Wrong? Been playing it every week noon to 10p VP included for now, the points show up the following Sunday in that same time frame and you have to use the points or at 10p they are gone, the ones you earned the Sunday prior that is.

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

Wildman,thanks.I guess it was the disappearing part that i missed.I play on sunday once in awhile but not every week