stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Re: My worst beating

Post by stevel96a1 »

???

Galeygoo
VP Veteran

Post by Galeygoo »

I'll step "out of the box" and recall MY WORST BEATING (it's all relative...) I spent over $200 on the "couple cigs" I "needed" before heading up to my non-smoking room I shared with my Mom...VERY GLAD I quit a loooong time ago and sure do miss my Mom...

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

I think the worst day I ever had was a $3,000 loss playing deuces wild.   At the end of that day, I hit three quad deuces in 20 minutes and recovered most of it.  It's not the blood baths that cause the damage, it's the slow drip.    Hit more Royals and you are a winner.   Don't hit them and you are a loser.   You can't be a long term winner without them.

DAAnMAAn
VP Veteran

Post by DAAnMAAn »

I’ve had many losses (and wins), but one that sticks out still in my mind is a $900 loss many moons ago. Not that it was my biggest, but that it was lost on a single line quarter “over 100%” game, 10/6 DDB game. I usually stop playing at losses of $1,000 because I just can’t stomach losing more than that, and those losses usually stop me playing for awhile. Fortunately, they don’t come often...but eventually, they come.
P.S. just got off a -560 loss session on .25c 5 play deuces, session before that, a -500 loss...but session before that won $600. I tend to look at the bigger picture, but a string of losses definitely dampers the enthusiasm.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

[quote=DAAnMAAn]I tend to look at the bigger picture, but a string of losses definitely dampers the enthusiasm.[/quote]it's quit enlightening to read your posts and read of your losses playing 100% games.  Although I don't have those games available to me, I suspect you have them as frequently as I do playing 98% games.   I have never been good at dealing with losses.  It seems ridiculous to me to play a game that is suppose to be entertaining and be subjected to torturous down turns.  Some players deal with them well, I don't.  I do believe long term results are determined by the frequency of royals.  With 1% or more of the return based on a single rare hand every 40,000 hands, it's inevitable that there will be long term winners and losers.   So far this year I have hit five royals.  I won't be playing for a while, so I'm a long term winner for 2018.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

at full pay j or better the royal is apx 2% of the return.so most sessions no royal no win.not always but a lot.unless your play is saturating a drawing barrel with your tickets or some other promotion.like3x cash back ect.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

Where I play VP the barrel is not for drawings.  It's something you crawl into when it's your turn in the barrel.    Old joke...   

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Pretty good joke, which I just came across, if you will.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I'm right in line with a few others. A couple of sessions in the 3,000 range. The sad part is if I remember I was up a few hundred in all of them. The games were Bonus Deuces Wild, DDS, and job and all were at the dollar level. All came after nice hits a few days or week prior that put me up 2k or so on several of those days. At least for me, the horrible losing sessions seem to come almost immediately after nice hit sessions. Guess I really have to stay away from those dollar machines, or at least use them for the free play only. One always seems to have the lure of that 4,000 Royal or 1,000 quad deuce hit or the 2,000 quad deuce hit on the bonus deuces when playing dollars. After a pretty good spanking Friday night at Mohegan Sun, I just played a couple of hours today on nickels and had just as much fun. That should tell me something right there.

Edited just to add this....I try and play the best paytable I can find. That said, the math comes around over infinity and last I knew, none of us are going to live quite that long.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

At least you had prior wins to offset and help justify the losses. I just have the losses. I can often crank out twice the FP value on dollar too.