My worst beating

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
wildman49
Video Poker Master

My worst beating

Post by wildman49 »

I know we don't talk much about our losing trips, who really wants to hear about that right?After hitting two 4k royals 4 days apart I had a to give the $2 level a shot. In early May I set out on a mission to play 9/6 Jacks. It was brutal. Over many hours one Sunday it ended in a $3,300 loss! I have had a few 2k losses this year but that 33 Benjamin loss is a personal record I hope I never break!Even with some big losses this year, still in the black thanks to that cash cube grab in June, plus a few more royals ahead on the year.Any one else care to share your 2018 beatings?

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I will simply echo Olds' report that 9/6 JOB delivers incredibly brutal beatings, often trip after trip. My worst of the year and lifetime is -$330. This is a game renowned for keeping players in the game. But most of the time its RNG is set on pure take. Multiple "missions" have been straight busts. I'm determined to kick this and stick to the quarter version, thanks to Phil's assistance, which I hope persists.

wildman49
Video Poker Master

Post by wildman49 »

FAA I have to agree, stop messing with the $1 level, stick to max quarters, you'll do much better in the long run. No sense hitting a short coin royal.

markinca

Post by markinca »

But most of the time its RNG is set on pure take.

pokerpokerpoker
VP Veteran

Post by pokerpokerpoker »

Oh brother,

I budget roughly $7k a year for entertainment (read gambling). That is 5-10% of my income, which to me is reasonable.

2016 - didn't keep track, but according to w/l statements was decent.

2017 - kept track to the penny and managed a winning year, but not by much.

2018 - 4 winning sessions YTD: $100,$200, $600 and $2000(.50 Dream Card royal). About 20 or 25 losing sessions. When you play mostly dollars and halves it adds up.

I attribute it to 2 things. First, in 19 premium quads, only 1 has come with a kicker ($1 2-4s TDB). The only AWAK I hit was on BDLX. Secondly, my favorite 5 Star machine has been dark all year - supposedly waiting on a part. I like to play short sessions with a $800 BR. Playing DDB Dream Card or QQ, quads, AWAK and royals are frequent. After an hour or so, I would either bust or hit a jackpot. Seldom was there any other result.

With the demise of the 5 Star, I learned 9/7 TDB, one of the better local games. The results were dismal. Mixed in some 9/6 DDB, triple play $1 DDB, progressives when high enough, .50BDLX,- all terrible results. I just can't shake that black cloud. Now, busted out, I seldom play. If I do, it's $100 on quarters (and I still lose). And of course, my mailers have all but dried up. All this while playing 99%+ games with good strategy.

I think my worst session loss was $1200 on $1 TDB, one hour, no quads.

stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Post by stevel96a1 »

I took some beatings in atlantic city. Manage to lose around 900$ in five joker poker. Lost 140$ ceasars prog 9/6 lost 500 to ddbaandf ballys. If it wasnt for my lucky wife if be broke. Im guess your not in LV area? you would be playing positive games only? I know i would

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

This is an excellent thread. I just discovered another Caesars Progressive JOB victim. Misery loves company. How the hell do we lose so much? The math says we're due to lose $2.10 an hour. Let's just do $100 coin in on this Regressive bank and get the hell out.

stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Post by stevel96a1 »

Its hard to say i started with 50$ manage to win 136$ i had a really good run of cards especially 4oaks. The 140$ did last me a long time maybe 7hr? I saw one man win 750$ ballys 1$ jacks or better playing 15min after 7hr you can only imagine how close i came getting the RF just 1 card missing every time

stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Post by stevel96a1 »

After that losing streak of video poker im a litle spooked to go ac alone but i do have a vegas trip coming up ine august. It will feel nice to play fpdw after playing negative games in ac well progressive can be positive but have to hit the jackpot and after taxes is it still a positive game? Why cant ac introduce fpdw is it so wrong?

Galeygoo
VP Veteran

Post by Galeygoo »

After that losing streak of video poker im a litle spooked to go ac alone but i do have a vegas trip coming up ine august. It will feel nice to play fpdw after playing negative games in ac well progressive can be positive but have to hit the jackpot and after taxes is it still a positive game? Why cant ac introduce fpdw is it so wrong?