An idea: Spin Poker with Royal Flush Insurance

Why do you play video poker? What is your favorite game and why?
JoeE
Forum Rookie

An idea: Spin Poker with Royal Flush Insurance

Post by JoeE »

Hold three to a Royal Flush in Spin Poker, and, dang! The darn Jack and 10 of Hearts land on the same reel after the draw!

Would you pay an extra credit for insurance that would swap the upper or lower card to the center position on the remaining reel, thus yielding the highest payout? Insurance would only be offered when you hold three to the Royal.

Your thoughts, world?

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

I could see insurance being offered when dealt 4 to the royal and not 3. In your scenario are you saying that: when dealt 3 to the royal one of the required cards (if on line 1 or 3) for the royal were to be swapped, thus giving you 4 to the royal, you hit draw and hope for the fifth royal card?

JoeE
Forum Rookie

Post by JoeE »

The scenario:You are dealt 10, Jack and Ace of Hearts on reels 1, 2 and 4.  When you hold them, the machine offers insurance with wording like "Don't lose that Royal Flush to stacked cards!" and plays an animation demonstrating how the last two cards would move to the center payline if they land on the same reel.Accept the insurance and you draw Queen and King of Hearts in the upper and lower positions of reel 3.  The King moves to the center position and the Queen moves to the center of reel 5.  The same would also happen if they're vertically adjacent on the same reel.When you hold four of the Royal Flush, you're in no danger of losing to stacked cards.

dw44
Forum Rookie

Post by dw44 »

Not sure about your specific idea but I think royal flush insurance in general is a really good idea from a commercial point of view. Something like you pay an extra coin per hand with 3 or 4 to a royal and get a corresponding payout if you miss.

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

For one extra coin a line, absolutely! I think the "fair price" is much higher than this.

Jaime13
Forum Newbie

Post by Jaime13 »

I would totally pay 1 extra coin per line!