VP game mechanics

Why do you play video poker? What is your favorite game and why?
ronniet
Forum Newbie

VP game mechanics

Post by ronniet »

All the books that I have read say that when a VP game deals a hand it shuffles the deck until the deal cards button is pressed and then it stops shuffling and deals 5 cards to the player. The deck is frozen until you press the draw button and then the required number of cards are dealt off the top of the deck.You say that when the player is choosing his cards the deck is shuffling like mad until the player hits the draw button. Is this the new way?

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

New? Yes, if you consider 7-8 years to be new. OTOH, many older machines are still around. I play them almost every day.

Since IGT owns a significant share of the market we normally limit our discussions to their equipment. The "new" way started on their Game King platform when it came out.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Question I have is how can you tell the difference when you are playing and any possible difference on outcome? It does not seem like it unless the machine is a lousy shuffler like me.

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

It doesn't effect the outcome unless you know the shuffling (RNG) algorithm. With that knowledge it was possible to determine exactly where one was in the RNG cycle and try to time the next RF. Of course, you couldn't hit it every time, but MORE often than without that knowedge. Enough to give a player a significant advantage. 

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Makes sense. Thanks.

Now, my video poker machine has a rattle under the hood and seems to be running cold. Anyone know where I can find a VP game mechanic?

oej719
Video Poker Master

Post by oej719 »

I know of one. Let me see if I can dial him up for you.

He will be there shortly. Can't be playing on a rattling COLD machine.

scorpio2
VP Veteran

Post by scorpio2 »

i think the new chip based rng s are harder to win on.i used to hit often,in ac,but now only hit about once a year,cannot wait until 2008,anyone else have tis problem,that don't play 20,000 hands a day?

royalgt
Forum Rookie

Post by royalgt »

I would like to ask a question about the card that comes up after you
discard. It seems that too many times if I discard like an 8, another 8
of another suit comes up. I know everyone sez it is random, but it
happens too many times. Waddya think?

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

This has been claimed on the older style machines for many years now. I've never seen this claim on the newer IGT machines. Personally, I have not experienced this phenomena.

chuck arl

Post by chuck arl »

I echo what royal stated as I've growled many times about dicard cards coming back with the same value. I threw away 5 cards(RAZGU)and got back the same 5 value cards on a few occasions. I adked Bob Dancer what the odds would be to do that, and he said 100% if I was the one drawing! But in all fairness, it seems to happen more than you think.---CWA---