Borgata shuttle

Discussion about gambling in Atlantic City
paco13
VP Veteran

Borgata shuttle

Post by paco13 »

Just saw on Twitter that Borgata is offering a shuttle to Brigantine Beach on the weekends. This means I might be able to convince my other half to stay there instead of Boardwalk. Haven't been there in a long time and have wanted to go back. Fingers crossed.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Old news; annual event. More importantly, Rich from Toms River won $66,600 on a slot jackpot. Slot play would be great. But that's an addiction few can kick.

paco13
VP Veteran

Post by paco13 »

I wasn't aware of it. Doesn't matter still a no go for her. I don't blame her. Being right on the boardwalk is the best option for someone who doesn't gamble much.
I always throw some down the slots, Usually free play and then match it. Builds more comps and you never know. Sometimes my best hits are on slots.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Interesting. Phil has had great luck too. But VP offers a better chance of chasing down losses. I saw a 7S couple win $3,000 on slots and not even raise their voices. My two day VP weekend was win lose win. Tedious.

paco13
VP Veteran

Post by paco13 »

I usually play Quick Hits or Hot Shots progressive slots. The penny ones that have max bet of $1.50. The first and second level progressives come reasonably frequent. Usually the first level hits soon after it gets above $30. So I look for that.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

That is fast. They don't call it Quick Hits for nothing. Maybe I'll experiment with these. I sure doubled down on tedium by returning Sunday. On the plus side, the second day produced a quad. Now they will at least be top of mind. It was deuces, of course. Same Win Bust Recoup pattern. Beats losing any day.

paco13
VP Veteran

Post by paco13 »

Up here free play can not be used on VP. So my plan is to use slots to turn fp into cash I can then use as BR for VP. It has worked out for me quite often. Sometimes pretty well. For instance 2 trips ago I turned $30 fp into $200 and change on quick hits with a bonus round. Of course the vp took it but I did get a couple hours of nickel multi line DSTP out of it so I was happy.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Oh, no wonder. You're locked into slots by the fine print anyway! I would have made my peace with this too.

paco13
VP Veteran

Post by paco13 »

If you are ever in Harrahs and decide to try slots there is a group of 6 Hot Shots right near the entrance from where the Jitney and shuttles drop off. They are on the right just after you walk in. I do well on them often. I can't remember for sure but they may not be 1 cent machines maybe .02 or.05. They are popular though and have been good to me.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Sounds like a plan! Sure beats killing my BR on their putrid JOB results! Cheap lunch and playable slots are a good combination. Hope this works out better than Jeter's "witching hour" tip. Replace the w with a b.