Boy, did he fool me...

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
Galeygoo
VP Veteran

Boy, did he fool me...

Post by Galeygoo »

I pay very little attention to baseball except for occasional home-team viewing but am familiar with the names and faces of some of the best players in the league.

I do, however, like to watch the All-STAR game and its festivities and of course Post-Season Play. I remember watching a commercial last fall that featured Bryce Harper in a laundromat and EVERY time it was on I couldn't help but notice how good-looking he was and how likable he seemed along with oozing charisma.

Last night, I watched the REAL Bryce Harper and now believe that he could certainly win many prestigious acting awards should he decide to change careers... :-)

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

No comment on the final round of this year's home run derby.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Must be because of Schwarber

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

How many did Harper hit before the prior ball in flight hit the ground? I think he got the home town bounce.

For the record: I've always been critical of Michael Jordan and his version of traveling vs. the rule book.

Galeygoo
VP Veteran

Post by Galeygoo »

I'm starting to wonder if I'm just a BAD judge of character... I've always been a huge fan of Aaron Rodgers; but after watching his insensitive, latest partner of choice; I have to have my doubts...Danica, to me, looked very uncomfortable and unforthcoming...i/m/o

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

Harper hit any pitch that was semi-decent out of the park in that Final. Most of his pitches early on were TERRIBLE.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Now, if we can only do something about that .214 batting average.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

I doubt if Harper will reach it but he is drifting close to the Mendoza line. :)

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

The current rules stink. Players get penalized for hitting the magnificent moonshots everyone comes out for. Guys hitting line drives half the distance get more balls to hit.
Either go to a set number of balls per hitter or a timer between pitches. I would love to see Judge going for a second swing while his last pitch is still in the air.
Harper's dad violated the rules, but no official tried to stop him so Who can say it was intentional. It resulted in a Kodak moment. Father and son playing ball together.