Video Poker Odities

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
Jstark
Video Poker Master

Re: Video Poker Odities

Post by Jstark »

advantage playe wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:15 am
at pickem its about 38000 to one to hit a straight flush.my friend hit two st flushes back to back at pick em at m sun.38000x38000.you do the math!!
Saw a lady hit a $10,000 pick 'em royal last night. She was so shocked she had tears.

cold_magi
Forum Newbie

Post by cold_magi »

From ultra low rolling out of boredom I've seen the weirdest patterns and just when I think I've seen it all I'll find a new mini streak or pattern the RNG can hand out to me that blows my mind. In the short run anything can happen. The machine doesn't care how long you've been playing or how much you're betting outside of giving you more hits in a smaller amount of hands since it's random within a payback percentage that's millions of hands/spins. But like I said anything can happen sometimes it can go into dry spells where it will even disobey that for an unknown amount of time. If there's one thing I can say that will certainly help you it's that if a machine is not paying you within however much you initially wanted to put in don't mine the machine, move to something else because it's all about catching a machine in a looser pattern where every time you hit that button you have a better chance at being kept alive. It's not a video game with progress that happens and save points, it's so easy for our monkey brains to trick us into that though because of their continuous nature. But when I'm in the zone like that willing into the illusion it's all the more fun though.

Gronbog

Post by Gronbog »

cold_magi wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:17 pm
If there's one thing I can say that will certainly help you it's that if a machine is not paying you within however much you initially wanted to put in don't mine the machine, move to something else because it's all about catching a machine in a looser pattern where every time you hit that button you have a better chance at being kept alive.
There are no "looser patterns". No patterns at all, in fact. It's our "monkey brains" as you call it searching for patterns in randomness, just like seeing shapes in the clouds in the sky.

That is not to say that there are no streaks, because there are. Streaks are a part of randomness. The fallacy is in the thinking that a machine that has not been paying will continue in that "pattern" or that you can find another machine in a favourable "pattern" that will continue.

Change machines whenever you want. In the long run, it won't hurt, but it won't help either.

case
VP Veteran

Post by case »

Looking for a hot machine is the same as playing a cold machine "because it's due" It aint going to help.

Most games you need 4 of a kinds to keep you ahead. I know when you get over 1000 hands with no quads you start talking to yourself. Variance or randomness...it's part of the game.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

only 351,000 to 1 apx.i played many years at m sun and never hit one.played over 3 million hands eazy so I am 10 cycles behind as they say.i did hit one at mt airy fooling around at short pay pickem for 10,000 quarters 2500 dollars.lol!