Betting system question

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Re: Betting system question

Post by Eduardo »

I think that's just a question of short-term profit vs long-term. Anyone is playing for "profit" but Phil was speaking about long-term when he says he doesn't play "for profit." Obviously, the entertainment comes from having winning hands and profitable days. Some think entirely about the long term return of their play and making money on their overall investment, others are looking to have their winning moments.

For a lot of us, hitting a royal makes for a great day and a winning trip. I'd make the argument... if you aren't motivated to hit a royal, why on earth are you even playing? :lol:

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

Different strokes, to-each-his-own, repeating the same thing over and over expecting different results, whatever. The person feeding the benjamin's into the machine gets to define his own motivation,and strategy.

Can we at least agree to defend his right to be wrong?

Jstark
Video Poker Master

Post by Jstark »

I can guarantee Phil plays way more video poker than me. He'll hit that "long run" way before me. He's a losing player, not that there is anything wrong spending money on the game, and I'm a winning one. He'll play just to play. I'll wait for advantageous opportunities. Playing for "entertainment" will not net you a long term profit. Stuff I do will.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

Tedlark wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:48 am
I gotta ask: other than profit, what other motive is there to go for a royal flush?
Very few of us make money playing VP, so there must be some other reason we play the game? My wife and I play VP because we enjoy it. The thrill of hitting a royal flush is the second best thing can happen when you play VP. The first is hitting more than one royal in a day. Modifying the game like my wife does gives her more chances at experiencing a royal. She wouldn't hold an A-10 if she was playing a non wild card game because the cost is too high. With 4 wild cards in the deck, the possibility of a good result is substantial. Three or four of a kind, a flush, a wild royal or a natural royal are all possible. A 3-4 cent penalty is not going to make a difference in her attitude. A $1,000 royal flush will.

She has turned a 3-4 cent penalty a few times an hour into $1,000 four separate times. $4,000 dollars is a lot of money to a quarter player. Is it lucky, Yes. If it happened to you would you continue to play that way? You bet you would.

stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Post by stevel96a1 »

You do this 100 times and you do that 100 time one of the two will guess right more than the other. Everything weighs heavily on one hand the RF. Your bankroll is depended upon it. I imagine stephen paddock flat bet 100s of thousands of dollars and did not use any betting system. Even his brother said we had rough times and we went on. Well same is true with vp . Just play thruw flat bet and hope that 1 hand surfices

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Phil, I got lucky once holding A-10 too.
Phil, I got lucky once holding A-10 too.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

And someone mentioned rarely seeing good hits with big multiplier on Hot Roll...
And someone mentioned rarely seeing good hits with big multiplier on Hot Roll...

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

One more on Hot Roll
One more on Hot Roll

Galeygoo
VP Veteran

Post by Galeygoo »

WOW!!! Awesome hits, TED! Holding an ACE and TEN on DUECES??? How gutsy AND lucky. Incredible :)

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Thanks Gale, it appears that a picture rotate needs to be added here when loading pictures directly onto the site.