Another interesting day in a locals spot.

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Re: Another interesting day in a locals spot.

Post by olds442jetaway »

For anyone who cares or remembers, Hulls started legally in 1933 right after Prohibition and closed in 1977. I still have hundreds of unused labels my neighbor gave me who worked there for many years. I remember going there and getting one of the last kegs ever produced for a family party in my first new vehicle 1973 F100 pickup. Hulls was located in a very dangerous area of New Haven and I had my trusty German Shepherd with me among other protections. I think Hulls is being revived as a Craft beer now. I will have to look it up. Back to VP I'm heading up to Mohegan tonight. I think I will put a 20 in a Wolf Run machine for old time's sake. If it hits, I owe Billy a cold one if not more!

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Know all of them except Hulls. In my teen years, most of those brands had lost popularity and were reduced to supermarket shelves, not the deli fridges we got our six packs from.
Fox Head was another "Dads" beer. My father drank Reingold whenever possible, as it was the Brooklyn beer.

My big hit wasn't on Wolf Run, it was on the game next to it. Not sure what it was called but it was some offshoot of Easy Money.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

like my friend dino said,nothing more fun than drinking and playing v poker with friends.hopefully at 9 6 jacks o b so not too many errors.

pokerpokerpoker
VP Veteran

Post by pokerpokerpoker »

Watch them carbs. I picked up a bit of a beer gut in the last few months.

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

I have heard that craft beers and fewer of them is the answer. Am not sure on this, two years in, gut still there.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Anyone remember Miss Rhinegold posters on the NY subway? Official beer of the NY Mets back then. Back in the early 70,s when my friends from Queens used to chip in for a Hamptons summer house every year, we used to go to Shea stadium at 3 AM after a Mets game, pull up to a first level door, go in and take cases of Rhinegold out of the refrigerators cause we didn't have any money for beer. Cracker Jacks and peanuts too.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Had to wait for the cleaning crew to get to the upper deck.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

Carcounter wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:59 am
Anyone remember Miss Rhinegold posters on the NY subway? Official beer of the NY Mets back then. Back in the early 70,s when my friends from Queens used to chip in for a Hamptons summer house every year, we used to go to Shea stadium at 3 AM after a Mets game, pull up to a first level door, go in and take cases of Rhinegold out of the refrigerators cause we didn't have any money for beer. Cracker Jacks and peanuts too.
Car: I remember the Miss Rhinegold posters as well as the contest. Also the jingle :). As you noted Rhinegold sponsored Mets games on TV. Back in the 50s each NYC baseball team had beer sponsoring their TV broadcasts. The Dodgers had Schaefer, the Yankees Ballantine and the Giants Knickerbocker. BTW, I was surprised Olds left Knickerbocker off his list.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Miss Olde Frothingslosh.jpg

Remember "Miss Olde Frothingslosh?"

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

billryan wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:45 am
My big hit wasn't on Wolf Run, it was on the game next to it. Not sure what it was called but it was some offshoot of Easy Money.
I was gonna say...because the description of your big bonus didn't sound like "Wolf Run". The wolf run bonus is just free spins with very few bells and whistles. It's often available on newer bartops too. 87.5% minimum payback.
pokerpokerpoker wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:24 pm
Watch them carbs. I picked up a bit of a beer gut in the last few months.
I've had it for years, welcome to the club! Lol
tech58 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:45 pm
I have heard that craft beers and fewer of them is the answer. Am not sure on this, two years in, gut still there.
It's hard to cut back, imo. Too many good things out there today.