DDB, the most popular game, deserved?

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
paco13
VP Veteran

Re: DDB, the most popular game, deserved?

Post by paco13 »

I remember the days of 10/6 @ MT. Airy. They downgraded when they put all the table games in.

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

paco13 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:37 pm
I remember the days of 10/6 @ MT. Airy. They downgraded when they put all the table games in.
I guess you mean 40/10/6 DDB? 10/6 DDB has always been illegal in PA, afaik. They have a 100% max return law.

As for the topic. I have always thought DDB has been the most popular because all quads yield a win that's at least "satisfying" and the premium hits could lead to sizeable short term wins. Personally I prefer Super DDB over DDB myself thanks to often more favorable paytables plus I've been pretty lucky on it. Lol

paco13
VP Veteran

Post by paco13 »

Yes, 99.96% I recall. Close enough to 100 for me. Especially with comps which were also much better back then.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

DDB in LV or on your PC.

BobDancer
Video Poker Master

Post by BobDancer »

The 10/6 DDB game in the picture return 40-for-1 for the SF, rather than 50-for-1 for the 100.06% game. That lowers the EV to a mere 99.95% or so. But this game had two meters on it, so it was clearly a mildly positive game. The meters were really low, which could mean they are very slow but they could also be good and just hit the day before.

I live 90 miles away from Laughlin. Doubtful it's worth the drive unless they gave crazy good mailers or a juicy slot club or promotions. Anybody with information on that it would be appreciated.

For me, too bad it's only for dollars. (Others will wish the same game was for nickels or quarters!) Still it's an even game. Periodically there are attractive square dancing events in Laughlin and using an even game to pay for RFB isn't the worst thing in the world.