Should You Play VP Bigger?

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Re: Should You Play VP Bigger?

Post by FloridaPhil »

billryan wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:33 am
And people wonder why I refer to this bulletin as voodoo. Phil guarantees a specific result.
Try it and see for yourself. Remember, I warned you. :lol:

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

We all know it's true. Not because the machines are rigged, but because life is cruel and karma is like a burrito left sitting in the sun for too long.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

Eduardo wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:49 am
We all know it's true. Not because the machines are rigged, but because life is cruel and karma is like a burrito left sitting in the sun for too long.
Something like that... :lol:

markinca

Post by markinca »

billryan wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:33 am
And people wonder why I refer to this bulletin as voodoo. Phil guarantees a specific result.
The irony of course being that Phil is always getting on Dancer's case that long-term results aren't 'guaranteed'. :? :? :?

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

markinca wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:57 am
The irony of course being that Phil is always getting on Dancer's case that long-term results aren't 'guaranteed'. :? :? :?
I asked Bob about a guarantee once on this forum. He said nothing is guaranteed and that there is no guarantee we will be here tomorrow. My attitude is reflected in the last words of Winston Churchhill “I'm bored with it all.”

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Phil is saying that as a figure of speech to emphasize a point. Many many times that does in fact happen. The reason it happens is because after getting burned playing big for a relatively short time, we play for a much longer time at a small number with our limited remaining bankroll. Been there, done that more times than I can count.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:02 pm
Phil is saying that as a figure of speech to emphasize a point. Many many times that does in fact happen. The reason it happens is because after getting burned playing big for a relatively short time, we play for a much longer time at a small number with our limited remaining bankroll. Been there, done that more times than I can count.
Of course. You don't have to play VP that long to realize those things happen. Sometimes I wonder if some of the members of this forum ever play real VP or just read about it in books? Whatever you think, don't do it...

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

And anyone who plays vp for any length of time will say to themselves......wow, how can that happen. The answer is because it is video poker and if even the chances are billions to one, it will happen.