Site Down

Comments and suggestions about VideoPoker.com
faygo
Video Poker Master

Site Down

Post by faygo »

Was the site down at around 7:30 AM EST. That's what IE said.  Could not access for 20 minutes. Causing panic over here.

cddenver
Video Poker Master

Post by cddenver »

Was the site down at around 7:30 AM EST. That's what IE said.  Could not access for 20 minutes. Causing panic over here.

I happened to be up early and was on until about 5:30 AM EST when I was dropped.  Couldn't get back on, but I was able to avert panic by remembering that there are other things that can be done with a computer - got some Solitaire in.

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

[QUOTE=faygo]Was the site down at around 7:30 AM EST. That's what IE said.  Could not access for 20 minutes. Causing panic over here.

I happened to be up early and was on until about 5:30 AM EST when I was dropped.  Couldn't get back on, but I was able to avert panic by remembering that there are other things that can be done with a computer - got some Solitaire in. [/QUOTE]

Not my PC. it only knows its way to VP.com
How is that for a suckup?

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

This is one outage we are aware of, as the hosting company contacted us regarding a major power outage.  Shouldn't be an issue going forward (at least not for the same reason).Someone needs to buy more generators it appears.

cddenver
Video Poker Master

Post by cddenver »

Not my PC. it only knows its way to VP.com
How is that for a suckup?

My PC is getting that way too.  I was reaching for my crack pipe for an alternate fix when I remembered that before VP.com my usual way of wasting time was double-deck Spider.  Dusted that off, and I was SAVED!

I did some sucking up of my own earlier today with a nice comment or two about the new games.

And to WM's explanation of the downtime (power outage) I'll say - tell your hosting company to lay in an Energizer bunny or two so that it doesn't happen again.

MikeA
Video Poker Master

Post by MikeA »

It's "up" now (Sunday evening 8pm CST) but the Forum is REALLY slow.  This happened a couple of nights ago.  Haven't checked the games yet but the other night, though The Forum was in molasses, the games were at optimum speed.

cddenver
Video Poker Master

Post by cddenver »

And to WM's explanation of the downtime (power outage) I'll say - tell your hosting company to lay in an Energizer bunny or two so that it doesn't happen again.

WM, tell your hosting company to make that order for Energizer bunnies a rush one - the site went down again today at about 6:30 AM EST.  Might have been a real brief outage; I tried again at 7:00 and it was back up.

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

I think I would demand they have a backup power source (UPS). They are not very expensive these days.

jm002546

Post by jm002546 »

Speaking of down, anyone know what has happened to this free online hand analyzer?http://www.videopokertools.com/deuces.html#results