waiting for another player to leave so i can sit

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

waiting for another player to leave so i can sit

Post by stevel96a1 »

my favorite machine was occupied so i tried CS on a 96% deuces wild game single coin, i poped 5$ bill in and 5min later caught 4 2s netted me 52.5 from my wait

was it wrong to play a 96% game single coin while waiting?
was it wrong to play single coin?

was unbelievable i caught it so early in and FEEELS like i had lost 200$ in that process

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Great for you.

stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Post by stevel96a1 »

thanks it was the worst 52$ i ever won!!!

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

You weren't wrong cooling your heels while your desired machine was available. Your risk appetite on the crappy game was understandably low. Meanwhile, a 9,100 to one shot materialized. Shrug and cash out. Put it in the rear view.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

You weren't wrong cooling your heels while the desired machine was unavailable. Your risk appetite on the crappy game was understandably low. Meanwhile, a 9,100 to one shot materialized. Shrug and cash out. Put it in the rear view.

BobDancer
Video Poker Master

Post by BobDancer »

If you have to be playing SOMETHING so it isn't obvious that you're stalking, your strategy wasn't terrible. If you could have sat there quietly without playing anything, that would have been better.

Perhaps the next thing for you to learn is to work out your strategy in advance and live with the results. Second guessing after you know what actually happened isn't a healthy way to live or to gamble.

You don't get much sympathy when you go around saying, "I'm only ahead $50 today and BOY am I pissed!"

stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Post by stevel96a1 »

it just seemed so stupid im going to vegas in 1.5 days i was in ac and waited for my favorite machine to open up, so i sat down to a crappy 96% DW game tried CS within 5min i catch the four 2's

i'll take the crappy win it should have been a FPDW machine, and i actually did at one point double my 5$ bill and then back to 5$ and boom 4 deuces appeared again i will take the 4 2's but never again will i play single coin lesson learned

you are correct Bob, i won't 2nd guess my self before or after. just felt like it was 50% gift and 50% curse in 1 draw

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

BobDancer wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:34 pm
If you have to be playing SOMETHING so it isn't obvious that you're stalking, your strategy wasn't terrible. If you could have sat there quietly without playing anything, that would have been better.
Bob is right about this. The math says you would have been better off not playing a 96% game. So what where your choices? You could have sat there staring into space. You could have paid for a beer and a sandwich. You could have played Candy Crush on your phone and ran up your Google bill. You may even have played a slot where no one knows the odds. Your choice was to play VP cheap and it worked. You didn't win big, but you made a little money.

This idea that not playing is better than playing cheap doesn't make sense to me. Who is taking score? Did you have fun? Is there something tainted about the money you won? There is more to video poker than profit.