This story is a microcosm of America Today....

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

This story is a microcosm of America Today....

Post by DaBurglar »

Please read the entire article first...trust me, you will want to hear the entire story, both sides (both incredibly absurd, SICK sides) before commenting....I am left stunned by the mixture of abject STUPIDITY, GREED, Heartlessness, laziness, and pure entitled narcissistic behavior on the part of ALL parties involved.

This story gives good samaritans a bad name, particularly the ones who wish to help homeless or struggling Veterans with LEGITIMATE conditions of PTSD and other afflictions that truly prevent them from caring for themselves....this couple (Miss Mclure and her Boyfriend) who attempted to help the Vet (Mr. Bobbitt) who briefy helped Miss Mclure has a lot of shady suspect details to answer for...

Likewise the story also gives a really bad name/image for those same Veterans like Bobbitt who currently sit idle in someone's home or on the street (as this guy did) suffering legitimately, because this particular Veteran (Bobbitt) obviously has a lot of suspicious, questionable aspects to his whole "Story" of being a poor helpless Marine Vet unable to care for even basic needs for himself. After you read this full article, tell me who you think is more full of it (or is it, as I think, a virtual toss-up with BOTH sides being completely morally bankrupt?)

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/authorities-s ... ories.html

paco13
VP Veteran

Post by paco13 »

Ya Know, when I first heard of this story the thought of the whole thing being a fraud planned by all three of them came to mind. It went sour when the time came to divide up the money. None of them can rat out the others without implicating themselves in the fraud so they must stick with the story. Bobbitt more than likely was out voted at the table since the other two are in a relationship. It's even possible it was the couple's plan and they recruited Bobbitt with the promise of a specific payment or percentage of the take. Of course he felt he was or actually was screwed. Knowing they must stick to the story allows him to use the courts and media to counter screw them and take all the illegally obtained money using the legal system. Or being a con he may have out conned the con's knowing from inception of the plan what he would or could do if he felt the need to.
So many cases of fraudsters these days.
Just my thoughts. Yeah, don't have much faith in society anymore.

paco13
VP Veteran

Post by paco13 »

https://www.google.com/search?q=homeles ... e&ie=UTF-8

And this is why I have little faith

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

There is stuff like this going on all the time. There is a smaller yet equally disturbing con going on in the NYC subway. Locals are jamming the metro card machines so you can't buy a card. Then they "offer" a swipe of their card to get you in for a fee. Long lines at machines mostly in tourist areas around the city. What a nice way to introduce them to NYC. I think there was a similar scam going on at the Gare Du Nord metro station in Paris this summer. Long lines at the card machines, nothing working and several locals offering swipes to get you in. The ingenuity of the desperate.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Carcounter wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:02 am
There is stuff like this going on all the time. There is a smaller yet equally disturbing con going on in the NYC subway. Locals are jamming the metro card machines so you can't buy a card. Then they "offer" a swipe of their card to get you in for a fee. Long lines at machines mostly in tourist areas around the city. What a nice way to introduce them to NYC. I think there was a similar scam going on at the Gare Du Nord metro station in Paris this summer. Long lines at the card machines, nothing working and several locals offering swipes to get you in. The ingenuity of the desperate.
Unless things have changed, a so-called Unlimited MetroCard is only good for 3/4 swipes per hour so good luck making $6-8 an hour.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Who knows what they are charging people though. I remember maybe 30 years ago, Connecticut turnpike tokens were the same size as NYC subway tokens. You could buy them for 17 and a half cents apiece in a roll. Can't remember what the subway fee was back then, but it was worth it for people to stock up on the Connecticut tokens.