Single hand bonus poker

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
Pokerface1961
Forum Newbie

Single hand bonus poker

Post by Pokerface1961 »

Dealt a Straight Flush, would you try for Royal Flush or keep Straight Flush and why? 😳

Kshman
Forum Rookie

Post by Kshman »

If you are playing Jacks or Better then you would keep the Straight Flush because the theoretical return is higher. But different games require different strategies. In FP Deuces Wild you would go for the Royal Flush.

Jstark
Video Poker Master

Post by Jstark »

Pokerface1961 wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:59 am
Dealt a Straight Flush, would you try for Royal Flush or keep Straight Flush and why? 😳
Ignoring any other possible pays, you're attempting a 1 in 47 shot to get paid 16 times more then you're currently going to get paid. The answer is easy.

Jstark
Video Poker Master

Post by Jstark »

Kshman wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:28 am
If you are playing Jacks or Better then you would keep the Straight Flush because the theoretical return is higher. But different games require different strategies. In FP Deuces Wild you would go for the Royal Flush.
The OP did say this was Bonus Poker and not any type of DW game.

Kshman
Forum Rookie

Post by Kshman »

Jstark wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:42 am
Kshman wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:28 am
The OP did say this was Bonus Poker and not any type of DW game.
My mistake. I overlooked the OP's title. I was checking the forum while waiting for a hand pay.