Okay...How 'bout THIS one lol..

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
Galeygoo
VP Veteran

Okay...How 'bout THIS one lol..

Post by Galeygoo »

I'm looking forward to some (what should be exciting) Post-Season Baseball. Should be fun!

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

Galeygoo wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:54 pm
I'm looking forward to some (what should be exciting) Post-Season Baseball. Should be fun!
Right on Galeygoo, the BATTLES of OCTOBER are always exciting....the best thing MLB has done the since implementing the DH is expand the playoffs to include wild card teams (2) and have two rounds of playoffs for each league.

What's almost as exicitng though is the current battle in the National league between 5 teams for the last 4 playoff spots (2 divisions and 2 wild cards)....we could conceivably have TIES for all four playoff spots! That could mean an extra round of 1 game winner take all playoffs in the NL! wouldn't that be something....

The push for parity among the leagues has worked nicely for the National League, not so much for the American League. In the AL, the Boston Red Sox are clearly head and shoulders above everyone else (including my Yankees), but that means zilch once the playoffs start and everyone starts with a clean slate. The beautiful thing about Baseball is in a short series, ANYTHING can happen.

While I am a Yankees Fan, I have to admit The current team does not appeal to me like Yankee teams of the past. Currently there is way way too much reliance on Home runs, way too much striking out and very little clutch hitting. The Bullpen too, once the strength of the Yankees, is suddenly vulnerable. I see them losing either to the Oakland A's in the wildcard game, or certainly to the Red Sox in the 5 game divisional series. The Yanks need to acquire some high Average hitters to put in front of the Sluggers. Trade Gary Sanchez, he is the worst defensive catcher in Baseball an dhis Bat just doesn't make up the difference.

Predictions: In the National League, I have no idea, I just know I do not want the Cardinals to win it....I would Love to see Milwaukee or Colorado win the pennant.

In the AL, I am rooting for Cleveland if my Yankees cannot win it, but I think Boston will succeed and go on to win it all this year. They just seem way too good to lose....

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

I think Cleveland is a good value bet at 8 to 1.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Early in the year, I bet the Yankees would win 90, 94 and 100 games, would make the playoffs and win the AL Pennant. I've won the first two and have reasonable confidence in the other bets.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

I'm a Yankee fan, but after last year I think Cleveland is lurking in the weeds and is hungry. Will have to get past the Astros in the first round, but have solid starting pitching, 2 of the best all around players in Lindor and Ramirez and just added Josh Donaldson. Solid bullpen and Terry Francona. Slept thru most of the season due to lack of competition in their division. I won't bet them because if they wind up in the ALCS against the Yankees, I can't root for them.

Galeygoo
VP Veteran

Post by Galeygoo »

As a White Sox fan; I'm rooting for ANY TEAM but The Cubs lolololol

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

I like the Indians but the Astros should be too much for them. Strohs will be tough for anyone to beat, but I think the Yankees have the best shot at it. I might be a bit prejudiced about it.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

White Sox fans will always be haters. But, like the Cubs, they have their loyal fan base too - all 27 of them.

Full disclosure: I'm not a face-painting Cubs fan but I root for each Chicago baseball team EQUALLY.

Galeygoo
VP Veteran

Post by Galeygoo »

lol My 26 friends probably find that amusing, too lol