Webman

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Webman

Post by FloridaPhil »

I see Billy Ryan has gone through all our posts yesterday and added little derogatory comments to each one. What is the purpose of this? All he is doing is baiting us into more arguments. He is the consistent instigator of these arguments and never has anything worthwhile to say.

Doesn't this come under the definition of "nuisance behavior" written in the rules?

No one is allowed to have a thought on this forum unless it is approved by Billy. If we want to have a forum that is worth contributing to and participating in, we need to put a stop to this. Is it any wonder we never see anyone new? Who wants to be treated like that?
Last edited by FloridaPhil on Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

Posted by Billy Ryan on October 7th

Maybe this is the month?
Fantastic
Bump
How's this for a formula for success.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Posting to support and hopefully spur a clean up. Not holding my breath.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

Well thought out questions and comments should always be welcome on this forum. If you don't agree, state your case and provide facts to back it up. Sniping just to instigate controversy should not be tolerated.

New2vp
Video Poker Master

Post by New2vp »

Phil instigates plenty himself. Just like many facts that he is blind to, he is unable to recognize it. He has been lobbing grenades against Dancer and AP from behind the cover of Recrational Play for years.

His constant repetition, mischaracterizarions of others' arguments, and general misunderstandings of mathematical concepts chased many away.

I understand that he has allies, but Phil is not the moderator and his whining should not be appeased. How about this? Ban Phil for 60 days and see if Bill Ryan's response posts to Philisms cease.

If they do, you will have captured the true cause and effect of irritation. Then let Phil come back and see what happens.

I could flag Phil's missteps. Oh, wait, before I gave up months ago, I already have.

Whatever you decide Webman, best of luck with your spoiled child ... er, children.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

When I post a comment on this forum it is thought out and clearly expressed. You may not agree. That is your right. All Billy does is hurl one line insults at anyone who doesn't tow the line as he sees it. My beef with Bob Dancer's marketing tactics have nothing to do with Billy unless Billy is working for him. He is a bully and wants this entire forum to be limited to his point of view. I will not be intimidated by anyone while I am allowed to post on this forum.

I do not post in the Strategy Forum unless someone addresses me personally or something I have said. That is because I respect the views of those players and do not wish to tie up their forum with endless arguments. The Recreational Forum should be the same thing in reverse. If I discuss Bob Dancer for any reason, Bob Dancer should respond and have his say. He shouldn't need to use his forum attack dogs to do his talking.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Why is Phil afraid of someone posting a response to his incredible well thought out musings.
Who dreamed that a video poker machine knows to treat a retired different than a regular working guy.
As a semi-retired fellow,how does the machine react?

Waiting4RF
VP Veteran

Post by Waiting4RF »

Phil, Based on your rules, after erroneous remarks are made about politicians in the forums, only the politicians are allowed to respond.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

billryan wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:32 am
Why is Phil afraid of someone posting a response to his incredible well thought out musings.
Who dreamed that a video poker machine knows to treat a retired different than a regular working guy.
As a semi-retired fellow,how does the machine react?
This is a good post by Billy Ryan. It shows he's thinking.

Billy, the machine doesn't know who is playing it. The difference is what the player wants from the game. I want to play VP as long as possible as cheap as possible. I have plenty of money and I want to keep what I have. I don't want to rely on skill, math, strategy or anything else to get me through the inevitable financial swings of the game. It is more beneficial to me to have a nice long day of small wins and losses vs. losing money 8 out of 10 times and potentially making a profit long term.

The cheapest way to play negative VP games is to not play them at all. If you are going to play them, you will do less damage by limiting your coin in. If Bob Dancer was here right now, he would agree with this statement. I have absolutely no problem with his strategy. I have stated that many times. It's his marketing that concerns me. There is absolutely NO guarantee that you will win playing VP long term with any strategy. As long as the variables are different, your results will be also.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

So why in the world does our resident guru get upset when his words are quoted?
Can you imagine anyone else complaining that someone bumped their threads?