Harrahs Joliet 10/27/18

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
wildman49
Video Poker Master

Re: Harrahs Joliet 10/27/18

Post by wildman49 »

Nice run Ted!

I don't see that joker game on muti hand anywhere up here, is it was to find?

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Wildman, it's called Atlantic City Joker Poker (ACJP) and it is a rare game in my area, only Harrah's Joliet has it. I don't even know how available it is in Las Vegas, I've looked for it but not real hard. It's probably more available on single hand games and not multi-hand. I like the payouts, even when factoring in the natural royal penalty. Earlier this yer while playing ACJP at Harrah's Joliet I was dealt a straight flush on 10 play $1.00 denomination which turned into a 5,000 coin jackpot.

Thanks and best of luck to you.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Thanks CBK, OMT, and FAA.

Good luck to you all.

Azure Dragon

Post by Azure Dragon »

Nice hits Ted! Especially the four ladies and the joker. AC Joker Poker is a weird game to play sometimes. Holding a single non face card vs throwing everything away doesn't seem like it'll work, but the EV holds up. :lol:

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

You're right, it's a bit different thinking when playing that game. I'll be more willing to go for straight flushes in this game when I have 2 suited connectors.

At the beginning of this year I was playing at Harrah's Joliet and I was dealt a straight flush and a wild royal on 10 play, those were very nice to see.

Best of luck to you.

doris13
Video Poker Master

Post by doris13 »

nice hits ted,i play acjp and have had quite a few 5 of a kinds.

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

Tedlark wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:30 pm
Wildman, it's called Atlantic City Joker Poker (ACJP) and it is a rare game in my area, only Harrah's Joliet has it. I don't even know how available it is in Las Vegas, I've looked for it but not real hard. It's probably more available on single hand games and not multi-hand. I like the payouts, even when factoring in the natural royal penalty. Earlier this yer while playing ACJP at Harrah's Joliet I was dealt a straight flush on 10 play $1.00 denomination which turned into a 5,000 coin jackpot.

On the strip, you would probably need to play dollars at least to find it.

Off strip might have it for quarters. They only offer one paytable of this game. With either a 4000 coin (98.59%) or 500 coin (97.19%) natural royal.

It's Hollywood STL's best bartop with a progressive royal, so I occasionally torture myself with the game. But since I've never hit a straight flush or better, it's eaten my money so far. Glad someone does better with it than me! Congrats on the hits!

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

Tedlark wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:30 pm

On the strip, you would probably need to play dollars at least to find it.

Off strip might have it for quarters. They only offer one paytable of this game. With either a 4000 coin (98.59%) or 500 coin (97.19%) natural royal.

It's Hollywood STL's best bartop with a progressive royal, so I occasionally torture myself with the game. But since I've never hit a straight flush or better, it's eaten my money so far. Glad someone does better with it than me! Congrats on the hits!

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Straight Flush didn't do much for me as a regular JOB player. I gave the $250 back a week later.

headlyone
Forum Newbie

Post by headlyone »

Nice 5 of a kind hit. Joliet is my local too. Wish that dealt royal you mentioned was on the triple bauble bonus.