Straight Flush?

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Straight Flush?

Post by FloridaPhil »

On Saturday we drove over to Ft. Myers for our great granddaughter's first birthday. A good time was had by all, especially the baby. Here's a pic.

On Sunday we stopped by the Tampa Hard Rock to play some VP. I played max coin Bonus Poker. I had something happen that I haven't had happen before, I hit three straight flushes. The guy sitting next to me was talking about how rare they are. He said, "I think they are rarer than royals!" I mentioned that a royal is a straight flush. How rare are straight flushes? Anyone know their frequency? Just curious.
Attachments
Baby-sml.jpg
Baby-sml.jpg (55.84 KiB) Viewed 3499 times

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

It's about I in 9360. Definitely more frequent than a royal.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

onemoretry wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:48 am
It's about I in 9360. Definitely more frequent than a royal.
Thanks. Has there ever been a VP game that paid more that 250 coins for a straight flush?

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

All Americans, when they were out there paid 1,000 to . Super Double Bonus pays 400 to 1

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

In the late 80s, I was playing an illegal joker poker machine and hit a natural straight flush.
I don't recall what it paid per coin, but I was betting $2 a hand and the credits were added one at a time, loudly. Took a ridiculously long time to pay off. On a Royal, the machine locked for a handbag. Not for a SF.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

once in 9148 apx.if u always go for st flush no matter what,u lower expected value but will get more st flushes.make the correct play!more money is better than more st flushes.you are already a huge winner with that beautiful child!!!

oobla
Forum Rookie

Post by oobla »

Also, triple bonus plus pays 500 for a 5 credit bet.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

advantage playe wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:52 am
once in 9148 apx.if u always go for st flush no matter what,u lower expected value but will get more st flushes.make the correct play!more money is better than more st flushes.you are already a huge winner with that beautiful child!!!
Thanks. She's something.

One thing that I believe helps was playing deuces wild all those years. I'm always looking for straight flushes, so I think I notice them more than most casual players. Three in a day is unusual.

Come Back Kid
Video Poker Master

Post by Come Back Kid »

Awww, what a cute little baby! That's how I eat cake too! LOL

wildman49
Video Poker Master

Post by wildman49 »

Phil for me SF are streaky, I go weeks with out one then hit 2 the same trip. Nice to see them come in!

White Hot Aces pays 400 for SF