QUICK QUADS

Why do you play video poker? What is your favorite game and why?
oldgodslive
Forum Rookie

QUICK QUADS

Post by oldgodslive »

Someone please explain why quick quads is so popular. I just played 8 games on the quick quad daily. 1 quick quad in 8 games and 2 4oak. None were dealt. It seems to me that there is no advantage in trying to get a quick quad from a deal. Very very few dealt 3 oak as usual.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

I'm assuming you mean eight sessions, at 50 deals per session?

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Are you adjusting your play? There are quite a few holds that will increase your frequency of hitting Quick Quads if implemented:
https://www.videopoker.com/tips/quick_quads/

Having said that, 3 quads in 400 hands isn't all that bad.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

Having said that, 3 quads in 400 hands isn't all that bad. But, it's triple play, so he actually played 1200 hands. Three total quads (quik plus regular) was not a particularly good result.

BobDancer
Video Poker Master

Post by BobDancer »

You played a few relatively short sessions --- possibly without knowing the strategy. The correct strategy is available --- either from the article Webman cited or from the Wizardofodds.com website. Your results will improve if you know what you're doing.I personally find it fun and have done most of my play on 99.65% DDB version. With draws like 8883 or 6642, there are LOTS of possibilities for quads or quick quads. Those possibilities are exciting and that's what makes it fun.Clearly, what's fun for one person may not be fun for another.

oldgodslive
Forum Rookie

Post by oldgodslive »

yes